We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

SoCal
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

Hi, we're a party of 9 and we'll be visiting in July to Las Tablas first and then going to Boquete and from Boquete to Panama City. Any recommendations how to get to Boquete and then to Panama City? From what I can understand its a long drive on bad roads?

Thanks in advance!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,960 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

332 kms mostly along the main Panamerican highway - not bad roads.

Probably three busses, at least.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

I havent been there yet but am planning a trip to cover Panama to Belize by backpacking. During my research I have found "www.thebusschedule.com" exceptionaly helpful for buses and times. But my advic would be to start min either Boquete or Panama City rather than back tracking.

Let me know how You manage

Brian

Edited: 06 April 2014, 02:45
chitre
Level Contributor
146 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

Bus to Chitre,then a bus to santiago(1 hour)

SoCal
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

Thank you, thank you! So it sounds like the bus is the way to go. We werent sure if we should try to find a driver for the roads or take the bus-or even rent a car. I know driving in the city is tough. I'll check back after the trip- were staying at Posada Del Mar on the beach by las tablas and then at house I found on the VRBO website when we get to Boquete. We are starting in Panama City for the loop-really appreciate all the help.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

So helpful, thanks!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

Back in the states after a fantastic 14 day trip! In the end we secured a driver with a bus to take us from Panama City, Las Tablas, Boquette, and back again rather than try to coordinate 9 people and busses or rental cars. Was a very positive experience and would highly recommend it for large groups such as ours. That said-main roads were very good (although a bit bumpy), many spots for snacks, food, or gas. We used taxis for getting around locally in Las Tablas and Boquette which was very easy and inexpensive (broke up into smaller groups). This loop was verrrrrry long-entire days in the car but the countryside was beautiful and with the help of the driver was able to add some shopping and small site seeing along the way. Next time though, I'll take the flight out of Albrook to Boquette.

chitre
Level Contributor
146 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

Go from Las tablas to Chitre.

From Chitre take the Santiago bus.

Get off on the Interamericana HWy and then take the David CIty bus.

Then take the Boquete bus when in Daviid City.

6 hours more or less .

8. Re: Best way to get from Las Tablas to Boquete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 12:15