We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet services

Bedford, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Internet services

Hola and Happy Holidays,

I will be staying in a home in Boquete for a couple of weeks at Christmas. The home has no internet access. I have been told that perhaps at Mas movil downtown we could get prepaid access. We travel there infrequently... so I am trying to avoid physically hooking up cable/internet services and having to pay a monthly bill. I basically would be satisfied with just an internet connection and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Boquete
Boquete
Chiriqui Province, Panama
Central America
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet services

You can buy a cellular modem and SIM card locally. Or bring along an unlocked one and just buy a local SIM. Or set up a hot spot using most smart phones (unlocked , with a local SIM). The last option is how I am accessing the 'net now. Very handy for travelling.

Bedford, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet services

Thanks BZ,

Good advice, I think....(technology challenged gal on board!) I believe my I phone 6 is locked so I will explore the cellular modem route.

Happy Holidays,

K

3. Re: Internet services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2015, 13:16