We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet services

Bedford, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Internet services

Hola and Happy Holidays,

I will be staying in a home in Boquete for a couple of weeks at Christmas. The home has no internet access. I have been told that perhaps at Mas movil downtown we could get prepaid access. We travel there infrequently... so I am trying to avoid physically hooking up cable/internet services and having to pay a monthly bill. I basically would be satisfied with just an internet connection and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet services

You can buy a cellular modem and SIM card locally. Or bring along an unlocked one and just buy a local SIM. Or set up a hot spot using most smart phones (unlocked , with a local SIM). The last option is how I am accessing the 'net now. Very handy for travelling.

Bedford, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet services

Thanks BZ,

Good advice, I think....(technology challenged gal on board!) I believe my I phone 6 is locked so I will explore the cellular modem route.

Happy Holidays,

K

3. Re: Internet services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2015, 13:16