We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Boquete

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
227 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Boquete

My husband , adult daughter and I will be in Boquete for four nights in February and then on to Boca del Toro. I am looking for two bedrooms and am deciding between Tinamou or Isla Verde. We will not have a car and want to do lots of hiking. Do we need to rent a car? Which hotel is in a better location to get transportation? Thanks for any help.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
7 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Boquete

Tinamou has consistently received great reviews but they are a trek from town. Super easy to get into town, but walking around there will take up one morning and that's it basically. If your vacation is about having different experiences (ATV tours, horsebackriding, visiting Indian sites, zip-lining, hiking, etc) it doesn't matter where you stay because you'll either walk to it (and then be taken to the site), drive to it (if you rent a car), be picked up (depends on the activity), or be taken to it from where you're staying. If your vacation is about walking around town taking in the ambiance, eating at the various eateries, shopping a few tourist stalls and shops, then stay at Isla Verde. The quality of service between the two is the differential with Tinamou winning out. If being right close to town is more important than service, then you won't be disappointed with Isla Verde. Just read the reviews for both and make your room choices accordingly. They are both beautiful, original places with Tinamou edging Isla Verde out for the care given by owner/operators.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
227 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Boquete

Thanks for the information. We decided to stay at The Haven. I thought close to town would be better.

3. Re: Hotels in Boquete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2016, 13:16