We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boquete Garden Inn or The Haven

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
224 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Boquete Garden Inn or The Haven

I will be traveling with my husband and adult daughter and we are looking for a place convenient to access for activities. We'd like to do some hiking and go to a coffee plantation. Must do is the Waterfall Hike. Does it matter where we stay? Can anyone recommend one over the other. Just looking for some help in making choices.

Isla Colon, Panama
Level Contributor
258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boquete Garden Inn or The Haven

Boquete Garden Inn has a great location – close and convenient, but not in the middle of town, which is loud when the Fairs are on. All the tours pick up at the Garden Inn (Cafe Ruiz tour is excellent). Donny, Abel or Susan can show you where the trail heads are and they give you a really good map of town. And the waterfall trail is beautiful... if you're lucky you can see quetzals and monkeys... but take into account it is a 20 minute drive from town up into the mountains.

The Haven is also really nice and are guests always love it there.

Both places are great, but I do love the gardens at Boquete Garden Inn and being right next to a river is so nice...

Regardless where you stay it's a good idea to rent a car and drive around as Boquete is about its surrounding.... not the town.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
224 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boquete Garden Inn or The Haven

Thanks so much. Any advice on car rentals. I am coming from David and then going to Bocas Del Toro and have arranged transit. Is there a company in Boquete where I an rent a car? I have heard the insurance cost is quite expensive.

Isla Colon, Panama
Level Contributor
258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boquete Garden Inn or The Haven

Here are a couple of forum posts that answer your question about car rental in Boquete

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298424-i7052-k625…

boquete.ning.com/forum/topics/car-rental-1

And I've heard of Panama Travel Services! ptspanama.com but can't recommend any as have no experience renting a car. Also heard about a place called Danny's.

Ask your hotel when you book... enjoy Boquete!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
224 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boquete Garden Inn or The Haven

Thanks again. Can't wait to go!!

5. Re: Boquete Garden Inn or The Haven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2016, 13:17