We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

madang and port moresby

Philippines
1 post
Save Topic
madang and port moresby

Is Madang and Port Moresby worth seeing? The air fare to these places costs$1,500 from the Philippines. i plan to stay for a week in these two places. I would appriciate a reply. Thanks a lot.

Bedminster, PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: madang and port moresby

Madang would definately be my choice! Find Crancket lagoon (sp?) and eat @ Smugglers Inn. (15-yr.-old info) Don't drive between any city seperated by significant distance (eg. Lae/Madang).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: madang and port moresby

I lived in PNG and I would agree with baquio that Madang is really worth seeing. If you can get a direct flight then it is well worth the visit.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: madang and port moresby

I have also lived in PNG- both Moresby and Madang.

Do not go to or stay in moresby if you can help it. The place is filthy and very violent.

As for Madang unless you are interested in fishing and diving I wouldn't bother going there either.

PNG is not a "tourist friendly" destination for independant travellers. You should go with an organised tour- this is due to safety reasons.

4. Re: madang and port moresby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Madang