We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halal/Muslim Food

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Halal/Muslim Food

I am from Indonesia . I and family have plan to visit China from Hong Kong. First city after HK is Shenzhen - Guangzhou - Beijing - Shanghai - Hongkong.

I think for eat, we need halal/muslim food. Can you inform us about restaurant for muslim?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmad Taufiq

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

Eh, there're really quite a number of places which would be suitable for you. How are we going to list all of them down for you?

What price range are you planning to eat in?

Knowing the Chinese characters 清真 would be of help to you -- that means halal. Note that popular Western fast food chains eg McDonald's and KFC are NOT halal here, they do serve pork!

California, USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

Hello, I hope it is not too late to respond to your post as I have just come across it. Just downstairs from my relatives there is a little cafe run my a Muslim family. We patronized them frequently while visiting. I do not read Chinese but can give you directions from landmarks I know. This cafe is on "Cam Bing Lu" there is a small"7-11" store just at the entrance of this road. The closest major intersection is "Beijing Lu" When you see the "7-11" go straight down the little alley way and the cafe is just a few doors down. Further down "Cam Bing Lu" is the "Fu Ho" Hotel. My relatives eat at this cafe alot. the food is very fresh, good and reasonable.

Let me know if you get there and how you like it or

email as you like if I can be of further help about Guangzhou.

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

Thanks Ellyse and Sadauphin for your inform.

Your inform is important for me if I visit china.

How many restaurant with halal mark, specially in Beijing?

And sadauphin, where the city the cafe your suggest?

Thanks and regards.

Ahmad Taufiq

California, USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

Hello Ahmad:

So sorry, I was so excited about your post that I forgot to mention that this cafe is in the center of Guangzhou. It was my first time I've seen the art of noodle shaving. How do you plan to get from HK to Shenzhen, bus or train? When I went from HK to Guangzhou for the first time on my own I was going to take the train but found out the bus was far more convenient as it happened to stop right at the China Marriott where I was staying. It was cheaper to go by bus and I arrived quicker since I did not have to hire a taxi to get to my hotel. Although there are about 2-3 check points where you must exit the bus and take your luggage through. By the way, I am not Muslim but have friends.

Inshallah

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

Hello Sadauphin,

Thanks for your attention. I use train from HK to Shenzhen. Your suggest is important for my journey.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ahmad Taufiq

California, USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

Hello Ahmad:

If you don't mind my asking, is your trip to China business as well as pleasure? What line of business are you in. While I was in China, I meet an aquaintance from Sudan and he works in Guangzhou. I do not know if he observes Halal but we do email now and again. He has offered any assistance to me as needed when in or about Guangzhou. I am always open to meet new friends from all walks of life. If you would like me to ask him about more places to find Halal cuisine in Guangzhou or the other cities you plan to visit, I can ask him or refer you to him and I am sure he would be glad to help if he can.

Also, the new spelling for the street to the cafe is "Cangbian Lu" no longer "Cam Bin Lu". Chinese is so phonetic that depending on what dialect you speak it can be spelled many ways. But remember, the cafe is on a small side lane off Cangbian Lu, about 2 blocks befor the Fu Ho Hotel. I am not sure what direction I was traveling to be able to tell you if it is North, East, South or West.

California, USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

One more thing Ahmad:

Check out the website: "zibihah.com" on where to dine Halal in the world.

Good Luck

SDauphin

guangzhou
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

Saduphin,

Please kindly refer your friend to me as I am now in Guangzhou.

my phone no. in guangzhou is +86.13246463770

Thank you very much

medin
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

This was my first visit to guangzhou and when i investigated, i found that there are quite a few halal places to eat in guangzhou.

I stayed in DAYSUN PARK HOTEL, no277 Zhongshan Rd, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, and if you come out of this hotel and turn left, if you keep going you will find a small chinese halal place. (sign outside halal) keep going and opposite KFC and 'Food Court' you will find another two places halal. These places are just OK. There are a lot of places as follows:

Bosphorus, Turkish restaurant, No 304 Huan shizhong Road,Guangzhou Tel: 020 83563578. This restaurant is very busy and has another two arabic restaurants besides it. If you cross the bridge there and go to the other side of the road, you will find many halal restaurants, one being, Salam Restaurant, no2 xia tang xi bao han linge street, xiao bei road, guangzhou tel: 020 8350 6091. (www.SLM360.com)

Another turkish restaurant is : 2/F Tai Shan Plaza, No239 xiaobei Road, YueXiu District, Guangzhou City (beside the east gate of Yuexiu Park) Tel: 020 836 31005

if you want Pakistani food then go to: Uncle Cafe, B seat Lobby, Hensheng Commercial Centre, 205 Huanshi Zhong Road, Guangzhou Tel: 13922328794 or 020 86675737. Hope this helps. I found so much choice if you start to look but the turkish / arabic and pakistani places all have good food. The chinese places next to the hotel were a little less 'organised'

Monaco
Level Contributor
119 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Halal/Muslim Food

Hey!

pizza2pizza has truly phenomenal food and its certified halal,

http://www.pizza2pizza.com.cn/

they have a nice collection of European, Mediterranean and middle eastern food! been there and the food is amazing

http://www.pizza2pizza.com.cn/contact.asp (address)

enjoy!