We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto trip for 2 nights

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kyoto trip for 2 nights

Hi there, i am planning to visit some places in Kyoto. I need an advice which places i have to visit in a row. I stayed in Kyoto for 2 nights. I will be arrive at Kyoto maybe about 10-11 am.

Here's my destinations : Kiyomizudera, Maruyama Park, Fushimi Inari, Arashiyama, Nishiki Market. Which places do you think i have to visit on first day and second day

Thanks

Cheers

Okta

9 replies to this topic
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
427 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

Kiyomizu and Fushimi are both on the eastern side of Kyoto so it is easier to see them together. Group your destinations by by locations e.g. east or west

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,149 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

Go to Fushimi Inari first then head to Kiyomizudera. Do Higashiyama Walk which ends at Maruyama Park. Send the the evening in Gion.

Next day, go to Arashiyama and Kinkakuji then Nishiki Ichiba and vicinity for the evening.

3. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 September 2017, 10:54

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
427 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

Kinkakuji and Arashiyama are both very popular so pick to go at 9am to which ever you want to see with less crowds

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,407 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

Between Kinkakuji and Arashiyama, Kinkakuji is the one you need to get to when it opens. The best vantage point of the temple is quite small. Once it gets crowded, you have to be very patient to get the best view and photo op.

Arashiyama, on the other hand, is an area with various things to see. Central Arashiyama gets crowded during certain days but generally speaking, there is much more space to spread out. The only exception is if you want to ride the Sagano Romantic train's open car. The open car ticket can only be reserved from an Arashiyama area station. During non-peak days, you can probably see Kinkakuji first, then get to Arashiyama by 10am+. If you want to take the Scenic train, then buy your ticket ASAP upon arrival in the area. You might have to wait a a couple of hours for your reserved train. During that lull, just go see the other attractions and eat lunch.

As a back-up to ride the Scenic train, you can also reserve non-open car seats at JR West station in advance. Upon arrival at Arashiyama, exchange that ticket for an open top car reservation if available.

Edited: 13 September 2017, 16:01
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

Hi Natalie, Thanks for the info

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

Thanks all for the information.

Bloomfield, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

I enjoyed the Arashiyama Monkey Park as well as the Bamboo Park. Interesting area, temples are much the same as all the others though.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,407 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kyoto trip for 2 nights

Sagano's Adashino Nenbutsuji Temple and Otagi Nenbutsuji Temple are different enough from others that they certainly warrant a visit.

Reply to: Kyoto trip for 2 nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted