We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Dear All,

We are planning to visit Malaysia in july for 6 days. As we have a 5year old child we want to explore natural places and other places like legoland. I searched on net and then made an itinerary-

KUALA LUMPUR--butterfly park,berjaya times square,pusat sains negara,petrosains, crocodile adventurelandbird park, petronas twin tower,city centre,perdana botanical garden.

LANGKAWI--- cable car and express walk,Kilim karst geoforest park, sky bridge, wildlife park,zipline aerial adventure park.

JOHOR BAHRU-- Legoland,sanria hello Kitty town,angry Bird activity park,Dinasaurs alive water thrme park.

Please help me if I m going right....I want to know how to go from Kuala Lumpur to langkawi and johor bahru.

Is there any other good places we should visit.

We don't want to spend lot of money.please suggest good and cheap hotels.

Thanks.

Regards

Manisha

26 replies to this topic
Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
9,582 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Have you looked at a map of Malaysia? You have chosen places that are quite some distance apart so to be able to do your schedule you will have to fly. There will be a lot of travelling involved. So your trip could look like this

15th July Arrive, maybe do some sightseeing

16th July Try and fit in the rest of the places in KL on your list

17th Take the 12.00 flight to Langkawi. It will cost you RM260

18th Visit the places on Langkawi on your list.

19th Finish off visiting places Take the 15.40 flight to Johor Bahru. Cost RM297

20th Visit Legoland

21st Take the 11.10 flight back to KL. Cost RM237

How does this sound to you? You don't have the time to travel by bus, and the plane fares I have given with Air Asia could well go up. Many people are going to tell you you are trying to squeeze too much into too little time but I do understand that this might be your only chance to visit Malaysia.

As for hotels you will have to look at one of the booking sites.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,230 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Hi Manisha,

I for one think you are trying to squeeze too much in as the hours will add up with airport and flights or buses , in particular it will get tiring for your child as well.

I would reccomend trying to cut the list to incorporate less travel and less destinations allowing a quality in each place rather than striving for quantity. Malaysia is a great place but I would limit it to KL and either Penang or Langkawi. Three days in each would allow a relaxing and fulfilling trip. KL has much that your five year old would enjoy, including what you have listed as well as Sunway Lagoon. As PSS mentioned , check some booking sites for hotels.

Cheers

Sean

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Even with a well planned schedule with flights based on Paperstonescissors in Post#1 , you will be rushing from place to place..

You can achieve your intended itinerary with flights & taxi/grab/uber between all your destinations..

Because of your long list of destinations , suggest you to top up another 50% on top of whatever you have planned for this , to pay for all the additional flights & private transport.. that is if you insist on your destinations..

To do your Itinerary with public transport using a low budget is possible without rushing ...

Just allow 8 days ~ 10 days for it.. 10 days would be just nice.. otherwise remove 1 destination like Post#2 mentioned.

In Johor Bahru i think you can still make it if you just go Legoland & Hello Kitty Town for Johor Bahru via 1 single Public bus from JB Sentral ...

If you insist on the other 2 JB destinations, Angry birds is at Komtar JBCC & from there just take Grab or Uber to Dinosaur Alive as it's at most a cheap 15 minutes ride.. it all depends on where you stay in Johor Bahru as well.. JB Sentral area has a lot of budget accomodation..

You can do the KL portion in a rushed way , "Amazing Race Style" maybe in 1.5 days but bear in mind that your intercity transfers & time catered for checking in/out of hotel , transfer to your intercity transport & vice versa, will take up a lot of your time..

Perdana Lake Gardens is accessible via KL Hop-On Hop-Off Bus when you alight at Lake Gardens stop..

Next stop is Bird Park which is also near to Butterfly Park.. you might as well go to National Mosque & Merdeka Square while you are in this area.. there are a few attractions in this area..

http://www.psn.gov.my/en/

According Pusat Sains Negara website , they are closed for renovation.. & they are very inaccesible by public transport..

For my recent trip to 1 Utama Shopping Mall i came nearby to this area but did not do Pusat Sains Negara..

From Pudu raya area , i did 3 LRT transfers & 2 bus transfers before reaching this area..

T818 bus from Pusat Bandar Damansara Station gets you to Bukit Kiara...

For Langkawi , i only go to beaches & are not familiar with th attractions at all.. but i think Crocodile Adventureland is in Langkawi & not KL.. & if you are thinking about travelling from KL by bus & ferry to Langkawi, well it's not possible in your timeframe..

Agoda & Booking.com are commonly & popularly used hotel booking websites in Malaysia & you can also make use of Booking.com map to search for hotels based on its location on a map, with visible prices & guest ratings..

I will daringly suggest some hotels in JB & KL..

In JB i have stayed at Hotel Meldrum & Dragon Inn Premium Hotel & both are budget hotels very near to JB Sentral & costs less than 150RM for a room big enough for your family..

In KL , i suggest Mayview Glory Hotel(i have stayed 8 or 9 times here) & My Hotel @ Bukit Bintang & rooms will cost 90RM ~ 120RM per night..

I suggested tbis area because i suspect you may be from India & Mayview Glory Hotel is just beside an Indian Hindu Temple & there are also a lot of Indian Eateries in this area.. My Hotel is 10 minutes walk away from Mayview Glory Hotel..

Do not expect luxury though as both are nice budget hotels & you definitely should not expect luxuries like Bathtubs , mutli channel cable TV , balconies or a fantastic buffet breakfast every morning..

If you are flying into KL , you can also make use of the economical Star Shuttle coach from the airport that stops at stops at Mydin Supermarket near Chinatown..

It's 5 minutes walking distance away from Mayview Glory Hotel & 15 minutes walking distance to My Hotel @ Bukit Bintang..

Cheers & Enjoy

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Thanks for your suggestions, I can spend more days in Malaysia but I want cheap travel. Do you know bus or train which is cheaper.

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Hello Sean,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Thanks Ddayrncm,

I can spend 10 to 11 days in Malaysia but I wanted to know if my itinerary is good or bad? I want cheapest​ and safe transport and for hotels i just want a clean room, yes we are Indian and pure vegetarian also so if possible we will try for indian food.

Can you pls suggest a budget itinerary for 10 days.

Thanks.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
9,582 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

ManishaSSS have you looked at a map to see, for example, just how far it is from Langkawi to Johor Bahru? With a 5 year old do you really want to spend 14 hours on a bus? I suggest you use a website such as this one to look for yourself at travel between places. I have changed this into Indian Rupees to help you. https:/…Johor-Bahru

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Thanks paperstonescisscor. 14 hour bus time my child can not tolerate, will prefer to go by flight.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

I would focus on KL and work out an itinerary of activities in that area.

If you stay longer, you could venture to a second location but distances are considerable.

Seriously, I do not think you will get meaningful guidance until you confirm your trip duration.

When my children were 5, they had no idea where they were but rather focussed on what they were doing. Let's be honest, kids are happy with a pool so I suggest you pursue a hotel that has one.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)

Whatever you see from Bus booking websites on travel durarion is seldom achievable as the coach will make unscheduled stops enroute between the 2 destinations of Langkawi to Johor Bahru.. if you are unlucky & there is some traffic conditions or accident , it will exceed 14 hours of travel..

I travel solo & also have a very relaxed travelling schedule whereby i do not specifically try to do a whole bunch of attractions within my vacation period..

In addition , i have suggested modes of transport for Johor Bahru attractions & KL attracttion as well..

Do some research for yourself regarding Petronas Tower , Berjaya Times square which is at Imbi Monorail Station.. this are easily available with some simple searches on Google..

I have already suggested mode of transport for the more hard to access attractions in JB & KL..

If i do any more further detailed descriptions of routes , modes of local transport then i fear it will be like a 1000+ words ... that will be tiring to write & too detailed..

Easybook.com & busonlineticket.com can allow you to book most buses within a month from date of travel..

The LRT with transfers will get you to Bandar Tasik Selatan LRT Station which is linked to Terminal Bersapadu Selatan(TBS) by a overhead bridge.. Your buses to & fro KL are all from here at TBS.

There are public buses from Johor Bahru's Larkin Bus Terminal going to "City Square" & "Komtar" which brings you just opposite JB Sentral..

From JB Sentral there are Causeway Link buses that goes to KSL Hotel & Resort(Dinosaur Alive) , Hello Kitty Land & Legoland..

Angry bird is just at Komtar so no travelling..

If you are flying in to Senai airport , there are Causeway Link buses going to JB Sentral as well..

Post on Langkawi's to get more details of your itinerary there...

That was tiring... to type..

Cheers

Reply to: Itinerary Advise (July 15th to 21st July)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted