We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decathlon Sports

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
511 reviews
Save Topic
Decathlon Sports

I am trying to work out which store is closer to Parkroyal Bukit Bintang. There are 2 stores, One in 8 Trium Tower Sri Damansara and one in Petaling Jaya. I used google maps but am quite confused. Also do you think taxi would be better or make my way to KL Sentral and work out how to go from there? Thank you for any replies.

10 replies to this topic
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,866 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decathlon Sports

Both are about the same distance from Kuala Lumpur but in different directions.

The Bandar Sri Danansara location is beside a highway in an industrial area. No railway transport serves this area, so taxi, GRAB or UBER is your best bet.

The USJ location is in suburbia, in an area called Subang Jaya. You can take taxi, GRAB or UBER there for convenience. If you want to take public transportation, take the monorail from Bukit Bintang to KL Sentral, then take the Kelana Jaya line LRT from KL Sentral to USJ7 LRT station. The outlet is about a 650m walk from the station.

Mentioned in this post
Bukit Bintang
Bukit Bintang
1,249 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decathlon Sports

If you only have one change to visit this shop, place go for Bandar Sri Damansara outlet as this is double or triple the size of the USJ one.

https://moovitapp.com/index/en/public_transi…

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decathlon Sports

Thank you so much for both replies, the information has really helped. I think I will organise a driver.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decathlon Sports

Hi Lulu

The Grab app works really well in KL , if you get a local SIM card. Much cheaper than organising a driver. Have a great trip.

Cheers

Sean

Edited: 18 March 2018, 17:53
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decathlon Sports

HI Lulu they also have an online store for purchase.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decathlon Sports

Thanks Sean, That's like an Uber isn't it? Travelling by myself I'm sort of nervous of who can I trust.

KYGan- Yes I've had a look, but clothes I just have to try on. Once I know my sizing it will be easier to just go online and I can't always rely on measuring guides going by past experience on other stores.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decathlon Sports

Have you also consider Sports Direct ? They are almost similar and they are in Intermark KL near Suria KLCC.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decathlon Sports

By the way as Sean said is correct. You don't need a driver. You just need to order a cab to decathlon Sri damansara.

Key this in as your destination it should pop out in Grab or Uber. Or if you are worried this is the full address : M2-G-01, 8Trium, Jalan Cempaka SD12/5,, Persiaran Kenanga, Bandar Sri Damansara, 52200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur

Its a big building and the Decathlon Sign is super huge. You can't miss it cause there is no other bigger building surrounding it.

As long as you willing to budget for the cab fee you will be fine.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decathlon Sports

KL has both Grab and Uber and we found the drivers to be very nice and the cars very clean.

Cheers

Sean

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decathlon Sports

Thanks KYGan777, I never heard of it and will look into it.

Thanks Seanjotadhg, will give it a go as taxis seem to not like using their meter.

Reply to: Decathlon Sports
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted