We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chinese restaurant for dim sum

wpong
7 posts
Save Topic
chinese restaurant for dim sum

Hi,

My sister and I are travelling to KL over Easter. We would like to celebrate Easter by having a delicious yum cha/dim sum lunch on Easter Sunday. Can we please have some suggestions. We are staying at Traders so anywhere within the Golden Triangle/chinatown is fine. As it is to celebrate we would be willing to spend up to RM150ish.

Many thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: chinese restaurant for dim sum

For your budget, you can check out

Marco Polo at Wisma Lim Foo Yong, Jalan Raja Chulan (across Istana Hotel)

Luk Yu Teahouse at Starhill Gallery

Xin at Concorde Hotel, Jalan Sultan Ismail

Yoke Woo Hin (Jalan Sultan @ Chinatown) – traditional chinese dim sum restaurant – more for nostalgic reasons

The following would be my 2nd choice

Royal China Restaurant (part of Tai Thong group), Jalan Ampang (next to Ampang Park Shopping Complex)

Spring Garden Chinese Restaurant (4th floor, KLCC) also part of Tai Thong (this is a halal restaurant)

Tai Thong Grand Restaurant at Wisma Selangor Dredging, Jalan Ampang (next to Hotel Maya)

If you are willing to spend more, you can check out

Lai Po Heen @ Mandarin Oriental

The Shanghainese restaurant at JW Marriott (I can’t recall the name)

Chynna at Hilton KL

Toh Lee at Nikko Hotel, Jalan Ampang

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chinese restaurant for dim sum

You should try the Noble House at the Jln Imbi/Jln Delima junction. They do buffet lunch on Sundays, which include dim sum in the menu as well, and more. Costs RM50++ per pax, good way for cost control!

For its location, www.orientalrestaurants.com.my/noblemap.html

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chinese restaurant for dim sum

Hi, depends on what kind of restaurant.

Pricier HK Styled dim sum -

Tai Thong Spring garden KLCC

Celestial court Imperial hotel (my favorite)

Luk Yu Tea House at Starhill gallery

Chynna KL Hilton (bar setting styled)

middle range - Imbi Palace No. 8 Jalan Barat (Off Jalan Imbi)

cheap range but quite good in taste; not so fine handmade but larger pieces - Yook Woo hing at 100, Jalan Petaling (coffeeshop styled).

Hope it helps!

4. Re: chinese restaurant for dim sum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 20:17