We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

perth,wa
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

I understand that Le Meridien is walking distance from KL Sentral, I will have a suitcase with me, so could you please explain where it is exactly, also I have to get back to LCCT, early next morning, so I'll be catching the skybus at 6.30am, I know it'll still be dark then, how safe is it to walk it, or would I be better getting a taxi?

Singapore
Level Contributor
640 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

Le Meridian if I recall correctly is ust next door to Sentral. Just ask the counters for directions and they should guide you there.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

Hi, the Le Meridien/KL Hilton provide a complimentary shuttle van to ferry their guests to/from KL Sentral to the hotel.

So,check directly with LM if shuttle van is available to send you to KL Sentral,for you to catch the 0630hrs Skyvan.

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
313 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

Le Meridien is just a pedestrian crossing away from KL Sentral, you certainly dont need a taxi and it is perfectly safe to walk there.... in just a few minutes.

Also safe to catch the Skybus at 6.30am in the morning.

We stayed at the Le Meridien for a night last year because it was so close to KL Sentral, really enjoyed it there and the staff were womderful.

Happy holiday.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

You should contact concierge reservations.lmkl@lemeridien.com or

Phone: (60)(3) 2263 7888. tell them what time you arrive, no. pax and with the airasia bus. Request for meet and transfer at KL Sentral, they will meet you at the bus terminal either with the belboy+trolley or with a minivan/cab if there are more than 2 of you with loads of luggage. Its a complimentary service, the hotel is located across from the station, the whole station is modern and lighted up 24 hours like the airport, by the time you arrive at 7:30-8am anyway, its already bright and the station will be bustling with commuters heading to work. The station is very safe, I usually run around at night by myself.

You can easily walk across the station (follow the Hilton signs), and come up at the taxi stands, cross the traffic lights, get into the hotel entrance at KL Sentral and take a lift up to the lobby. There are two doors when you come out of the lift, the right door leads to the Le Meridien, the left to the Hilton (there are signs). The concierge service would be more convenient

Hope it helps and happy holidays!

perth,wa
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

Thanks everyone , printed all the replies out, it's just that I was a bit apprehensive, being a female & solo, but your answers have helped.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

Hi Tarni

We stayed at the LM & Hilton year before. When you come out of the station to the taxi ranks - you will see both hotels opposite you across the road. It takes you to the hotel lifts for the reception. Thus, if you have luggage on wheels -you can easily manage it. It is safe and busy at that time of morning.

If you take the hotel free shuttle, you may have to wait for it and it takes you on a merry go round to the front lobby on the other side.

Please note that on your return trip making your way from the hotel to the station, give yourself plenty of time so you won't miss your train as I said the shuttle goes round in circles to get by road to the station. It is easier and faster to walk if you don't have jumbo luggage.

LM and Hilton shares the same swimming pool. Nice large pool. Enjoy your stay.

Sam

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

At least they won't check the hotel own cars for bombs :)

8. Re: How to get to Le Meridien from KL Sentral ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 14:18