We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

Randolph NJ
Level Contributor
398 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

I may be traveling to KL soon and my client has asked me to stay in this facility called Lanai Kijang. http://www.lanaikijang.bnm.gov.my/

Does anyone know what type of neighborhood it is in (safe? and close to restaurants/shopping etc) and also has anyone stayed there? I am trying to find out if it is a nice accomodation and if it is equivalent to a 4 star hotel in the area.

Thank you in advance for your help I appreciate it!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,280 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

Hi JerseyDad

This is a quite a off the main stream location.

If your client can handle your transportation and other personal services then OK

Safe location and very nice .

Cheers

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

Frankly the prices for this place is very cheap, and will be hard to beat by any commercial hotel in KL.

It is however, catered to Bank Negara staff so its location is also near the Bank Negara offices. It is in a rather nice and quiet neighbourhood and offers very little in terms of tourist conveniences and facilities.

Like what the other poster said, if you plan to explore the town after work, you would have to depend very much on taxis.

Randolph NJ
Level Contributor
398 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

Thank you very much for your replies. I appreciate it!

How far is this from the hotels, tourist areas and main part of town?

Any guess on cab fare to get from here to that area.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

I assume you are here in KL to work. You do not give a lot of details but perhaps you have a project with Bank Negara?

The area is at the fringes of KL. If there is NO TRAFFIC (which is never the case unless its 2am), then it will take about 15 mins to get to the Bukit Bintang Area, where the main hotels and shopping malls are. During peak hours...maybe 30mins to over an hour I suppose.

IF you work for Bank Negara, then it would be easier to just hear out after work (its nearer and you have access to trains), and return to the apartments later after the peak traffic jams.

Also, the area is near Bangsar, a very hip suburb with a lot of nice restaurants and drinking holes. Its also 15mins away, and you might have less traffic problems getting there. Tell the driver you want to go to the Bangsar Village area.

tpe
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

I would also like to know where I may stay for a nice hotel (clean and around 4 stars) around Lanai Kijang. Thank you for your advise.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

the Lanai Kijang is not located in the tourist belt. its located in a quiet area and serves the need of Bank Negara. I do not recall any hotels near this facility.

tpe
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

Thank you for your information.

8. Re: Lanai Kijang - Bank Negara Facility

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2010, 13:16