We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Men Only Spas?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Men Only Spas?

Can anyone recommend any men only spas in KL? Being a deeply religious person I do not feel it appropriate to be touched by a female while I am naked. I'm seeking a good quality massage service for male by male.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Men Only Spas?

Senjakala: http://www.senjakala.com/contact_us.htm

Near Pudu, suppose to be quite good, a friend goes there for facials and massage, apparently, they have a rather extensive massage menu that includes all "THE Important" body parts for men......

Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Men Only Spas?

If your hotel has a spa with massage services they may have a male masseur on staff or be able to arrange to have a masseur instead of a masseuse. If your hotel does not have a spa you can also book a spa at another hotel, but make sure they can provide you with a masseur.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Men Only Spas?

I have not heard of men only spas in KL. I have a constant worry that men only spas may actually be catering to the G*y community...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Men Only Spas?

Senjakala is a complete men only spa. All the staff are men. Over here in France, people go swimming completely naked and share a sauna completely naked with each other.. so I understand sometimes that I definitely feel more comfortable when there is a unisex sauna or spa..

Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Men Only Spas?

Men only spas are in most major cities. New York, Singapore, Dubai, etc. I suppose there could be some "extra services" offered and performed, but I would never consider such and have never encountered such offered. I've had nothing but positive and legitimate experiences in the men only spas that I have visited.

I do like kayeen's suggestion of requesting a male at my hotel or other hotel spa.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Men Only Spas?

Most of the hotels In KL I've been to don't have male masseurs - most hotels hire Indonesian/foreign girls as masseurs. Check with your hotel if they employ one...My friend who goes to Senjakala is very straight, married and has kids, he has never complained about any special or bad service, only that its a relaxing place and the masseurs are good...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Men Only Spas?

i think he has had very bad experiences in some places where they hire China women... apparently those women are very persistent and eager to offer special services to non-interested clients....try to avoid such places...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Men Only Spas?

##I have a constant worry that men only spas may actually be catering to the G*y community ####

haha, I am actually more worried about the place catering to Ah kuas and Pondans....some can get very aggressive like that Chulan Pondan...

Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Men Only Spas?

Global_traveller2000, I meant to thank you for your suggested spa. If it is convenient to get to I will probably make a booking. I appreciate your additional comments regarding your friend being married, etc. This has increased my interest and confidence to use this spa.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Men Only Spas?

Actually, come to think of it, if you walk along Jalan Bukit Bintang, the stretch after KL Plaza leading to Federal hotel, there are a number of Chinese reflexology shops there.

In KL, most Chinese reflexology shops offer decent foot and body massages and most will offer you a choice of a male or female masseur.

Their services would differ from a western spa (facials, scrubs..etc), but they do offer most Chinese reflexology treatments like massage, cupping, scraping..etc