We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agoda Hotel bookings

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,962 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Agoda Hotel bookings

We have booked accommodation both in K.L. and Penang through Agoda for our trip in May and now have the hotel vouchers.

I've just noticed on another thread that people were mentioning that they confirmed with the hotels by email that the booking existed for them. As this is the first time I've ever used this method of hotel reservation, I'd be grateful if someone could advise me whether I need to do this, or whether the voucher presented at the time of check in is sufficient.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Travelkat

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,399 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

Hi Kat!!

I have used hotel reservation sites and have never sort confirmation from the hotel. The room has always been there when I turn up, never had an issue.

Some like the comfort of knowing that the room is booked so like to contact the hotel to see. But to be honest in the cases you have seen recently, the OPs have sent their contact to the hotel too early, like under 2 days. It can take a week [or more] for all the paperwork and stuff to be done by the booking agent before it arrives at the hotel.

If you have your confirmation e-mail that is normally sufficent.

So, if you want to 100% that Agoda have confirmed to the hotel what they have confirmed to you, then do. Otherwise I am sure you will be ok. If the large web reservation sites constantly messed things up we would know about it and they would quickly go out of business.

Hope you and Tom have a great time.

TM and Mr M!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,962 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

Hi Mitch

Many thanks for your response. Couldn't cope with the thought of having to curl up on a park bench overnight. As you suggest, we won't worry about it, but will just paddle off and have a great time as we always do in K.L.

Can't wait to get stuck into all that yummy food.

Travelkat

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

with low cost call services like skype, it would be good to confirm before actually going.

Also verify room choice and other requests if any (eg smoking floor, king bed..etc)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,962 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

Thanks Maic

We'll email and confirm after all, but we'll wait until a couple of weeks before going. It only takes a minute and it's best to be on the safe side I guess, as that park bench doesn't look too inviting.

Travelkat

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,399 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

Hi Kat!

If you do want to contact them I would ring as well. Malaysia is not know for its wonderful responses to e-mail. Sometimes you have to send 2-4 e-mails to the hotels before you get a reply . . . . . . . . . sometimes your e-mail might have been spamed or not seen.

Enjoy the food!!

Edited: 21 March 2010, 16:11
Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

I use internet sites for bookings and never had a problem, just make sure to have your voucher. I have also used Agoda and they have been fine.

Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

I use internet sites for bookings and never had a problem, just make sure to have your voucher. I have also used Agoda and they have been fine.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

We have used Agoda and never had a problem either. We have never felt the need to confirm, just turned up with our vouchers. We have been booking on the internet sights for years now without any problems.

Lindy.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,962 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

Many thanks everyone for our help.

Travelkat

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agoda Hotel bookings

another little point is often the agents do not confirm pax names until a few days before the arrival date. so sometimes the hotel has a booking with no name attached.

pam