We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tune Hotel - LCCT

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tune Hotel - LCCT

Looking to stay near the airport as an alternative to a taxi from city for early morning flight to Sri Lanka.

Just checked Tunes' website and it will only allow me to book a double room for no more than 2 adults and 1 child under 5.

Is that all the rooms they have available there? That would mean we have to get 2 rooms for 2 adults, 7yo and baby which makes no sense to me.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

The reason is because the rooms are too small for a family. Check the website and TA photos of the room size again.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

Hi Hindo,

The Tune LCCT rooms only come in a double bed configuration. They are around 11-12 square metres in size, so literally a "queen size" bed (according to Tune it is "queen size" however it is actually more like our Australian double bed) with around 50cm (at most) space on each side of the bed, and perhaps a metre at the end of the bed.

You would be struggling to fit two adults, one child, and an infant on the bed, though having read on this forum before, other people have done it (I believe the way they managed to fit was Mum & two kids laying the normal way, and Dad across the base of the bed - or similar).

Tune LCCT doesn't do Twin or Single rooms.

We suppose you could take pot luck that they let you check in all into one room, however there is the risk they'll say no.

Do remember though, in terms of cost, you will save the journey in to and out of KL (so around RM150ish via taxi or RM54ish via Skybus) which you can take into account as a saving... So if you do decide to give up on Tune and stay in KL you would need a hotel RM54 cheaper than your total cost at Tune.

Hope this helps,

Lise & Sabrina

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

thanks for that. I assumed they were a bit like Formula 1 hotels here is Oz, but it sounds like their rooms are even smaller than that. Don't think I will try and squeeze us into the one room, but may look at some other options as I don't think paying around rm350 for 2 rooms is a viable option.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

You can barely fit two adults and luggage in one room.

Two suitcases max and even then you can't lie them anywhere flat. You need to stand them up at the end of the bed or in the bathroom.

You would go insane trying to fit kids in with you as well.

We have two boys and we booked two rooms there and went one adult and one child in each room.

I won't stay there again unless we absolutely have to.

Have a look at Concorde Inn - it is about 15 mins drive away at the KLIA main terminal. Rooms there are about 2000YR if you book with otel.com

The rooms are much much larger and the double rooms have a small couch which a child could sleep on. There is also a pool and a restaurant where you can get food served around the pool. It is so much better for families and you might get away with one room so it may come in cheaper than two rooms at Tune.

The only add on will be your cab fare both ways.

Caroline.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

and what is the cab fare to LCCT from KLIA?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

It depends on how many bags you have. You might fit in a premium cab but most likely you will need a van.

Someone may be able to give you more accurate info - we did this by van 12 months ago and I can't remember exactly, but I think around 60MYR max.

Caroline.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

Hi Hindo

Here is the site with the charges for the airport taxi service http://www.airportlimo.my/index.php

Regards

Suzi

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

The above website is for taxis from the KLIA Main Terminal.

From LCCT, the taxi website is:

http://www.mesraindahjaya.com/

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

Yes but the Concorde Inn is at the KLIA main terminal and Hindo wanted to know the cost of a taxi from the hotel to LCCT!

Regards

Suzi

Edited: 06 April 2011, 05:40
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tune Hotel - LCCT

I somehow think they need to get from LCCT to the hotel first and then back again.

Concorde Inn is near KLIA but it is not right at KLIA - it wouldn't be a pleasant walk - especially with kids.

The question is LCCT to Concorde Inn - return.

Caroline.