We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia - Tune Talk registration

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

When I was booking my ticket for KL, Air Asia offered me Rs.75 Tune talk SIM card. I registered for it on the Air Asia website; I did not get any info on the Tune Talk after I paid the money to Air Asia. What is the process to get the SIM do I just show my passport at TuneTalk counter in the LCCT terminal and get the SIM card?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

You will get the sim card on your flight and also have a form to fill out that requires name,address and passport number.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

Thanks,

This is cool I don't have to wait in the line for the SIM card, will the cabin crew deliver it to me? I already filled out the on-line registration with my name and passport details.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

They have a list of extras that passengers order (meals,media player) and should deliver it to you, you can show them your boarding pass which will have as pre purchased.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

I have also just done this and I am not sure if i have registered for the sim correctly, does any one know how to find out? Re answer 1. do I register only when I get the sim card on board?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

I pre purchased and they came with sim card and forms to fill out and when completed also signed stewardess sheet for the simcard

Edited: 05 October 2011, 19:13
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

Is good to know that the sim card and forms will be handed out on the flight, as i also did not register on line and i did ring the AA office , they told me that i only need to show my passport to claim the sim card but did not mention about it being handed out on the fright, in this case which is going to be so much more convenient and make sense to the whold thing.

Good on you Air Asia!!

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

Hi, I also ordered the Tunetalk prepaid sim with airasia ticket and didn't managed to register it as my PC blocked the popup windows. Good to know that there will be form to register the sim when Airasia hand the sim to us on flight. Just wonder whether we can request a Micro sim for iphone instead of the standard one?

Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

Hi

We are going to Malaysia and Vietnam in May and I was thinking I may have to get us all sim cards in both countries.

Would a Tune talk sim work in both countries?

We only want them to contact each other when we are there, we wont need to make any calls home or anything, maybe the kids would like to text home though.

Would the Tunetalk card be best for us?

Thanks everyone

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

Hi, your Tune Talk can work in Vietnam, but it will be roaming,when you call each other,and it will incur higher call charges in comparison to getting a local Vietnam SIm card.e.g. Vinaphone, Viettel.

As an example, if roaming in Vietnam with Tune Talk, your local call will be RM2.50/min, and should you wish to call back to Australia, it will be RM3.00/min; and it will be RM2.00/SMS back to Australia.

Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia – Tune Talk registration

Thanks mKiaratravel I will get tune talk for Malaysia and a local Vietnamese sim card for Vietnam.

Thank you so much for that!