We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menara Tower - restaurant booking

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Menara Tower - restaurant booking

Is it necessary to book in advance to get a table and if so, how far in advance?

we head out to KL in 6 weeks (and counting!) and would love to take in the views from the restaurant.

thanks for any info.

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Menara Tower - restaurant booking

Shoogly,

Last time I was in KL I just got my hotel to reserve for me a couple of days in advance. This was however for a weekday evening. Perhaps if you're planning to dine there on a weekend evening or public holiday then 5-7 days in advance should be MORE than enough.

Should you reserve by email, ask them specifically to reply to your email and take the print out of the confirmation with you.

contact info:

MENARA KUALA LUMPUR SDN. BHD

Jalan Punchak,

Off Jalan P. Ramlee,

50250 Kuala Lumpur,

Malaysia

Phone: 603-2020 5444

Fax: 603-2034 2609

Email: menara@menarakl.com.my

Oh and by the way ....

3 weeks and counting till we hit KL :-)

All the best,

M

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Menara Tower - restaurant booking

oh yeah, with regards to the bit "is it necessary to advance book"... I would say a definite yes. I've heard of many people who didn't advance book and got turned away.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Menara Tower - restaurant booking

do you reckon it's better during day light or at night. just thinking of the views... as well as the food.

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Menara Tower - restaurant booking

hmmmmm... both day views and night views have their own unique charms, so I don't really know how to answer that. The view of Petronas Tpwers for instance, I find the "fairy light" view at night nicer, but daytime you get a better overall view of KL and get your bearings better.

Most important I would say is to go on a clear day or night, and not one with low overhanging cloud or when it's chucking it down.

Why not (if time allows) go one evening for dinner and just pop in during the day to the viewing platform. You don't HAVE to eat to view from the tower. Or you could have a morning coffee roafternoon cuppa in the highest McDonalds in the world. I've never actually been in the McDonalds in the tower but I will do it next time.

Have a blast in KL

M

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Menara Tower - restaurant booking

I've just had a moment of genius....

Book an early dinner, 6.30 - 7.00pm but head up to the tower around 5-ish

Kill two birds with one stone!!! You get daylight AND night time views (with twilight thrown in for free)

Derby UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Menara Tower - restaurant booking

We went for dinner at the KL tower last week and booked over the internet 3 or 4 days before. We went for a 7pm dinner so we arrived in daylight and it turned dark as we ate our meal. It cost around 100 rm each for the buffet, which is a lot by KL standards and drinks were pricy too (15rm for a coke -wouldn't like to guess what a bottle of wine would be!) The views are beautiful, especially at night, but the food was fairly average.

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Menara Tower - restaurant booking

We were in KL last week, love the place, if you are yet to go, you are in for a treat.. love the place, food people!! Back to the point, we went up to KL tower and we just walked straight up and we were good to go, but we went lunch timish.. again i agree with the fellow poster that its pricey for what it is, views and formidable but in comparison to KL food, its only ok!! But the pics u get from up there will be worth it.. after all you are paying for the view.. if you want good food, check out starhill gallery, little beauty up there called mythai, you will not be disappointed!!