We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday dinner in KL

kl
9 posts
Save Topic
Birthday dinner in KL

Staying in KL for some time. Have friends coming from Finland to celebrate 60 year birthday in april. Can anyone suggest o nice places to eat, would like to have something special. I have already tried the Seri Ankasa Kl tower. Nice ambiens, somthing special but the food is nothing special.

Thank you.

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday dinner in KL

Expensive, but oh so special and oh so luxurious.... Lafite restaurant in the Shangri-la.

shangri-la.com/kualalumpur/…index.aspx

PENANG
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday dinner in KL

Hi , suppose it all depends what you want to pay . I agree that the Shangri La would be Fab, at a price to match.

Also worth considering , for food , atmosphere and live jazz band is SHOOK in the lower part of the JW MARRIOTT .

Dinner for two with a house wine would be about 400myr.

Yours

Mark Walker

Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday dinner in KL

Are you looking for a particular type of cuisine?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday dinner in KL

Ya, whats your budget?

If the sky's the limit you can consider a putrajaya lake night cruise. You practically reserve the whole barge (which sits about 10 comfortably in a dinner table setting). However, it would prob set you back by about RM6k...Food is done by Shangri-La and I think they provide you also some musicians.

I tried it before as a guest to my friend's birthday...its really really nice..as long as you are not the one paying..:-)

Rgds

kl
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday dinner in KL

Thank you for so manny replys. as I have some time I shal shure try out some of them.

I,m not looking for any special kind of food probably for tourists its more exciting with something Asian. The price is not the most importent but somtimes I have a bit hard to feel comfortable in the very luxerous ambiens. But it would be nice if we could have a drink and some Wine and offcause nothing wrong with fo.ex Jazz music.

More sugestions?

nils

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday dinner in KL

Try going to Kuala Selangor for Sea food, the proceed to the firefly sanctuary to see fireflies.

Its a whole evening trip starting about 5pm, and you have to arrange transport coz it is a 1 hour drive.