We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
5 posts
Save Topic
Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

Hi,

I'm a horse rider, and looking for horse riding programs for the holidays in or near to Kuala Lumpur.

Thanks.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,745 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

What sort of program are you looking for. Grand Prix dessage lessons or just hacking out in the hills? What are your expectations with the horses?

Edited: 03 April 2012, 02:44
Nairobi, Kenya
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

Just a 'holiday' program.. lessons, jumping, dressage.. anything really..

Just looking for some experience in working with horses..

Nairobi, Kenya
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

horses which are suitable for intermediate to advanced riders..

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,745 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

Hi

personally, given the heat you won't get a really, really good experiance, like you would with some of the premier schools in the UK.

You could look at berjayaclubs.com/kiara/… but not that near, and pretty general stuff.

Give the equines a miss whilst travelling. Rest the body, practice the theory in your mind, and aspire to be better when you get back.

I was a very keen rider for many years, showing competativly, either in hand, ridden (astride and side saddle) or driven with my 2 horses [and working full time] as well as giving lessons to others. But my holiday was a rest time for us all. Whilst I do miss them and the shows but not on those cold winter nights.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

Im thinking of moving there for my studies. Iv done a few in England but I want to get a feel of what its like over there, and whilst doing so checking out how the riding schools are like over there, as riding is important at the moment as I'm trying to get a sports scholarship...

Thanks for the link though. Much appreciated.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

You can try to e-mail the Denai Alam Recreation & Riding Club which is in Shah Alam - about 30 mins drive from Kuala Lumpur (depending on traffic). Membership is RM180 per year per family. They do provide horse-riding lessons. Hope this is what you are looking for. Their e-mail address is info@darc.com.my

Nairobi, Kenya
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

Thanks.. :)

8. Re: Horse riding programs in/near Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:16