We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

Hi,

I'll be arriving at LCCT around 6 in the evening (even later if flight will be delayed) on a Monday. I've read there are several ways to reach the city center. I would like to know your recommendations given my late arrival time and I'm a woman travelling alone. What is the safest, most convenient way to reach Bukit Bintang? How much Malaysian Ringgits should I change upon arrival at the airport (just enough for transport cost)?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,656 posts
1,575 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

It depends on your budget. The best and quickest would be a taxi. Buy a voucher from the taxi counter. The cheapest is to get the bus from LCCT (9RM) then a taxi or monorail to BB.Both are safe options.

Have you read FAQs with all the information and prices on the right hand side?

Tommo

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

Taxi from LCCT to your hotel will be in the rm80 range. Will take well over an hour because of the traffic when you get close to KL.

Coach from LCCT to KL Sentral costs rm9, but then you will need to catch a monorail (not easy to do when travelling alone with luggage, as steep stairs are involved). Taxi from KL Sentral will cost you around rm20 mark. They may ask for a bit more, if traffic is still very heavy.

It should be a lot cheaper using the taxi, but they wont use their meters, at KL Sentral.

Do not allow them to tell you its extra $$$ for each piece of luggage, or that the price should be way over rm20.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

By bus from LCCT to KL Sentral.

Don't take the monorail from KL Sentral as you need to walk about 700 meters to the monorail station. Then upon getting off the monorail you need to walk to the hotel in an area which you are not familiar with.

Take the taxi from KL Sentral to your hotel would be more convenient and safe.

You need to buy the taxi coupon at the counter before boarding.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,119 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

Have you not read the FAQs?

All the facts, the costs and the options are in FAQ Airport / City Costs / Options, honestly it really does have the choices.

Bus - 9myr per person to KL Sentral

Bus / train combo - 12.29myr per person to KL Sentral

[you will need to get a taxi of 20myr from KL Sentral to Bukit Bintang)

Taxi 75myr door to door

For ease, buy a voucher from the taxi counter!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

Thank you for all your advice. I really appreciate the time you spent in answering my query.

Apologies for posting a question that may have been covered in the FAQs. I admit I have not yet read them extensively. Hence, I'm even more grateful that you replied despite my lapse.

I'm just being an overeager and anxious first time solo traveler! :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

No problems "happydabbles". I know the FAQs can be a bit overwhelming when you are researching a new place. Too much good information to take in all at once.

Come back to the forum if you have any further questions.

Also there is a "solo travellers" forum, this may be of help for you.

Leidschendam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

I would recommend to use the bus that goes to Chinatown (Puduraya). It's RM8 and you're a 15 minute walk or 3 minute taxi drive from Bukit Bintang. Taxi should be around RM5-RM10. Just ask for the bus to Puduraya when you see all the buses and the guys will point you to the right bus.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

Safest and most convenient way is, as mentioned by all the posts above, by prepaid taxi.

Longest and cheapest is by star shuttle bus at cost of RM$18/ person. The bus leaves from bus section #3 which can be found on your left when you exit the terminal. Just follow the path until you are almost at the white building which houses the food court.

You'll be transferred to a smaller bus when in the city and then transferred to your hotel. Please confirm this with the ticket staff before buying your ticket.

We use this bus whenever we are in/out of the LCCT. The last time being just last week.

www.starwira.com

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

Hi,

I am just planning a trip next month to KL and have booked a flight into LCCT arriving at about 9pm. I will be staying near Bukit Bintang and was looking at the best way from LCCT to Bukit Bintang.

What is the traffic like at 10pm if I get a taxi? I was considering the airport train to Sentral but would then have to change to a taxi anyway.

Will a taxi will be about RM$75-80? Also, what are the taxis like? Is any one company better than another?

Thanks in advance.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,948 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best transport from LCCT to Bukit Bintang

At 10pm you should not encounter bad traffic.

A budget taxi will cost about RM75. A premier taxi will cost more. Premier taxi is roomier and can take more luggage.

The airport train does not go to the LCC Terminal.

There is only one taxi company licensed to pick up passengers from the airport - Mesra Indah Jaya. You just buy a voucher from the taxi counter before you exit the arrival hall.