We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Topic
LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

anyone knows the overnight parking rate at LCCT terminal, KLIA? me and my friend with a car making a trip to langkawi for 2 nights and wondering if its worth parking the car there instead of taking a cab,bus or train to KLIA.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

..The price of the car?...

I don't recommend leaving a car unattended at a public carpark overnight...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

is security at KLIA that bad? its pretty common in many parts of the world to park overnight at an airport (mostly for business trips). even here in thailand. it comes up cheaper than taking a cab. oh well.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

Hi musicarvind,

An open 1100 parking lots will be available in front of the LCC Terminal. Parking rate: RM1.00 for 1st 2 hours, RM2.00 for subsequent hours

the above is the quoted rates when LCCT commences operation; and was quoted by AirAsia CEO.

Whether he was joking, he said, the carpark is full and that he has to find one very far away.

if you are travelling with AirAsia, I believe the best way to find out about overnight parking rates would be to check with AirAsia office in LCCT.

Generally, parking rates in airport tends to be quite expensive, and do take maic's advice also

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

Its not that security at the airport is bad, is that car theft is rampant in KL.

Leaving a car at the LCCT basically tells the thief that the owner will not be around until the next morning as Airasia does not operate flights 24 hours.

My friend got drunk one night at RUSH at Eastin Hotel, and he took a cab home. He parked his car outside the hotel. It was gone when he got sober.

8 cars are stolen every hour in Malaysia....

thestar.com.my/news/story.asp…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

hey mtkiara, good to see u here in KL forum! lol i think i better take you guys advise. unbelievable huh? 8 cars and hour. i think the best thing to do is to take the LCCT bus from KL central. at least we dont spend the whole vacation being worried about something.

thank u gentlemen.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

Hi musicarvind, yes,after maic's advise, it is best to take the LCCT bus from KL Sentral to LCC terminal.

The bus fare is RM9.00 one way per person; you can easily identify it, it is of red bodied, and you can even buy the ticket on board.

It is called Skybus, and operated by AirAsia, as part of their ground service.

Have a nice time in Langkawi.

7. Re: LCCT terminal - overnight parking rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 20:19