We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flight

Calgary, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Connecting flight

Hey guys...jst wanted to know if my domestic flight for terminal 2 with PAL that has a connecting flight also with PAL bound for vancouver is alright and doable when the layover/transit time is only 1 hour and 15 mins only.i suppose I have to go through immigration.i have a foreign passport.would appreciate ur thoughts on this matter.thanks all.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,122 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flight

Is it ticketed under 1 booking number? If PAL is selling that ticket then it is doable. Yes, you have to go through immigration as you will be taking an international flight.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flight

what about your luggage??? dont you have to recheck it, pay departure tax/fees, clear immigration etc. I think it is a risk and international flights will not wait for a domestically delayed planes.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting flight

where is the domestic flight from ?

Calgary, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting flight

Yup it is ticketed as 1 booking only.so I was kinda hoping my luggage would go all the way through to Vancouver already.my domestic flight is to Bohol.hoping i won't get stuck in immigration especially if there's a long line up.tho theres another flight also I'm looking at but it does have like almost 6 hours at NAIA.same airline.but way too long of a wait.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,163 posts
1,636 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting flight

Id rather have the 6 hr wait than risk missing my flight due to a delay in my domestic flight.

But I generally dont take an international flight on a day when I have a domestic flight. Just my preference as flight delays are common.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,122 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Connecting flight

Your luggage will be tagged all the way to your final destination so you don't have to worry about it anymore in Manila. If PAL sold you that ticket then they are saying that they can. PAL is responsible for you to catch your connecting flight and if your international flight left without you and it is not your fault then PAL will put you on the next available flight, they will even be responsible for your hotel if you need to stay overnight in Manila.

Instead of rebooking that ticket and pay a surcharge why not let PAL do their thing. The worst thing that can happen is that you stay overnight in a 5-star hotel but you did not pay for it.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 10:05
7. Re: Connecting flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 13:16