We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

Hi. I found a scanned picture online of the customs declaration form used at manila international airport. I do not know if its current so please advise of any changes. One question that got me over thinking was if I should be checking YES on this portion or if it is referring to me as a merchant.

"Are you bringing in (check box) jewelries, (check box) electronic goods, and (check box) commercial merhcandise and/or samples purchased or acquired abroad?"

I'm just a tourist and I will have my cell phone, ipad, and battery pack. Its safe to check the box "electronics) and "YES"?

silent-gardens.com/assets/images/NAIA/NAIA-C…

thank you

75 replies to this topic
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,458 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

That is not the latest form. I am not sure the same question is on the current form.

Basically, if in doubt, declare.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,145 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

Come on Jim, I have landed at NAIA too many times to remember and if every passenger stopped and declared their cell phones, laptops cameras you would never get out of the arrivals area ! I think the correct answer is "of course not"

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

Hi Sam T,

The air hostesses give you that form, that you can fill in on route to Manila, it's a short form. (the size of a wallet) Tick yes, for bringing in electronics from your home country. Do not check yes on the form, if you are not a merchant. If you purchase items from any stopovers (duty free stores), before getting to the Philippines, they will require you to declare it at customs. I hope this will help you, and i'm sure that other tripadvisor members will also assist you with your question. Have an awesome trip.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

WOW! Thanks for the speedy response. I know I'm just over thinking it but I just dont want to be hassled or held up by customs.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

From my understanding, foreigners no longer need to fill in Customs Declaration. Only Filipinos need to.

This is based on my travel experience in Nov 2014.

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

@mousehunt - correct - Unless they have something to declare.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,917 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

Yes mousehunt is correct, no need to fill up those form. If you don't have much luggage it would be likely that you will not be bothered by Customs. In my last 4 arrivals at Terminal 1 & 2 even me and other Filipinos need not surrender a Customs form even if we already filled it out.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,458 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

In November, I was given a customs declaration on the plane. I filled it out regardless. I just happened to have stuff to declare. The internal customs inspector at terminal 2 wanted to see what I was declaring, before putting a yellow tag on my bag to show it had passed customs. Then asked me to give the declaration form to the external customs inspector on the way out.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

I received a leaflet in the plane.

https://turtlexpress.files.wordpress.com/201…

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,635 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival

as tourist declare nothing unless you are intent to sell. IF its new, take it out of the box and turn it on before you board. New items are supposed to be declared, tourist or not. It is now a verbal declaration on arrival.

Edited: 30 December 2014, 17:44
Reply to: Customs Declaration form upon Arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted