We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transporting in Ankara

Mashhad, Iran
12 posts
Save Topic
transporting in Ankara

I want to take the metro from Ankara airport to the Estonian Embassy (Kazım Özalp Mahallesi, 06700 Çankaya/Ankara, Turkey). Can you help me how can I find the stations and my way?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transporting in Ankara

Yes, there aren't any.

I mean the metro goes neither to the airport nor to Kazım Özalp neighborhood. Here is how to do it by public transport:

Take BelkoAir shuttle from the airport, get off at Kızılay stop (it is one stop after the intercity bus terminal, but the distance between these stops will take about 10 minutes for the shuttle)

Walk back (south) to the nearest pedestrian overpass bridge, cross the road with it, look for bus 303, 304 or 305 under the bridge.

All three buses stop at the intersection of Filistin Street and NeneHatun Avenue. Get off there, walk in the direction the bus was going, take the first left (into ReşitGalip Avenue) and then on that, take the second right (Gölgeli Street). Embassy is there.

Note that taxi prices are much cheaper than in Europe, so once you get to the city center, you can hail a cab off the road to take you to the embassy instead of figuring out the second bus.

Edited: 08 June 2017, 09:04
Mashhad, Iran
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transporting in Ankara

Thank you verry much for your complete explanation. I would appreciate it if you could say the price of Taxi from airport to the Embassy and from the city to the embassy.

Regards

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transporting in Ankara

Taxi from airport to embassy costs 100 lira. It would be 90 from the airport to Kızılay and 15 from Kızılay to embassy.

Mashhad, Iran
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transporting in Ankara

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your attention in advance. I have booked Siyav Hotel in Ankara. Would you Please guide me about transporting to it from the airport? Hotel address is: Kavaklıdere Mahallesi, Konur 2 Sokak No:56, 06680 Çankaya/Ankara, Turkey

one more thing going to the Estonian Embassy from the hotel is about 30 min walking according to the google map information. Is it true?

Thanks a lot

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transporting in Ankara

Konur Sokak is near Kızılay, so all my previous instructions are valid. Have the Kızılay neighborhood map from Googlemaps printed so that you can find your hotel once you get off the Belkoair bus. Hotel to embassy is more than 3 km, with an elevation difference of 100m, so walking it in 30 minutes would be a very tiring hike. Take the bus if you are not physically fit to do that.

Edited: 23 June 2017, 21:38
Mashhad, Iran
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transporting in Ankara

Really really thanks for your complete guides.

Regards

Mashhad, Iran
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transporting in Ankara

Dear friend,

For using BelkoAir shuttle, we should have a card as a ticket or we can use it by cash? If we need card, I would appreciate it if you could guide me where can I buy that card and how much does it cost to Kızılay stop?

Thank you

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transporting in Ankara

It should be 11 liras, and probably cash is accepted, but I don't know for sure.

Reply to: transporting in Ankara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted