We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inner tubing

florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
inner tubing

Trying to find information on inner tubing. Not an all day thing since we have a 10 year old. Heard something about Montieth park or maybe hyak park. Any place to rent tubes?

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: inner tubing

hmmm i have not heard of those parks, but that does not mean much. i noticed that you said albany? do you mean albany oregon -this is in the willamette valley...

near timberline lodge there is a snow bunny that you can rent inner tubes.

Potato hill on hwy 20 is nearer to albany, but i don't know where to go to rent tubes.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inner tubing

Montieth Park is in Albany, OR.

Hyak is at Snoqualmie Pass, WA.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inner tubing

Innertube?? on what?? Snow? slow water ? white water??

florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: inner tubing

Okay that is what I get for being from Florida. I forgot about the snow and sledding. I am looking for a slow float down the river. I originally heard about it around Corvallis.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: inner tubing

Willamette is a big river. Don't think I would put 10 year old on inner tube there. There are some semi-orgnized boat trips on Willamette but I don't know much about them

Den suggested here we try the kayak trip on Beaver Creek near Newport from South Beach SP. We did took three grandkids youngest was 10 and he did fine paddling himself. SP had a naturalist who told about what they were seeing.

About only river near Corvallis we floated on was Alsea. Marys did not seem all that inviting. though there may be places it is. I did some floating on North Santiam, but it was maybe too much for 10 year old.

Not sure about tube rentals. we had our own. plus a couple of rafts. which were good for our kids when younger. Put life jackets on wherever you go.

albany
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: inner tubing

Willamette River, i agree, would definetly be tough for a 10 year old on just a tube... My suggestion maybe follow the Calapooia River up stream to the south west towards corvallis. Ive heard just floating takes about 6 hours from Corvallis to Albany.

7. Re: inner tubing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Albany