We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Amtrak

The schedule says there is not a QuikTrac kiosk at the Albany station, but the 1-800 agent says it has one there. Can someone verify?

Thanks.

9 replies to this topic
Oregon
Level Contributor
4,368 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amtrak

I believe there is one. Did you already get this verified?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amtrak

If you don't believe the Amtrak agent why would you believe us? Go to Amtrak.com www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer… The hours for Quiktrac and ticket office are noted on the site.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amtrak

From Chicago, huh?

Look, I'm just saying the pdf schedule - through the link YOU gave me - shows no QT at the Albany station, though the station information shows the QT kiosk hours, as you said. I knew this before my OP. They have some adjustment to make.

I've learned enough to know what to expect on TA, and I don't expect a question like that from someone with 2000+ posts.

Find some shade.

PS Thanks julauf

Edited: 02 July 2011, 05:18
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amtrak

Hey, that is what TA does, someone may be able to explain confusing info on websites. And amtrak can get confusing. That station in Albany pretty minimal.

Right now we are going to Boston. I keep trying to find clear info on the MBTA site about how to get their subway passes. Have not made it yet, plan to ask on TA.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,368 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amtrak

Albany and the federal government just spent some 10 million or so restoring the train station so while it may be small, it's pretty updated and historical all at the same time. I'm 3 miles away so it's a pretty easy check.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amtrak

This subject is becoming tiresome. Perhaps, Jaulauf, since you are so close, you can pop over during the hours the station is open sometime this weekend and check. On the other hand, if Wolfdog wants to snap at us, maybe he won't appreciate the effort.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amtrak

Yes, I live in Chicago - I log in 20,000+ miles a year on Amtrak. That's why TA asked me to be a destination expert for train travel. Most of my accumulated miles come from going back and forth to my family in Bend OR and I've used the Albany station numerous times. Unless they took it out in the last remodeling - and there is no reason to since it serves the Cascade trains as well as Amtrak's Coast Starlight - the station has quiktrac. Even you admit that the Station Info sources give the hours for quiktrac at Albany Station plus an amtrak agent answered your question positively. Why don't you check http://www.amtrakcascades.com/ maybe they have different info that will make you happy. And you're rude. Take a remedial course in common etiquette.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amtrak

Who's snapping, besides shallow? I ask a simple question, and I get this response:

"If you don't believe the Amtrak agent why would you believe us?" Who's rude? Tell me where I fall short on etiquette.

Isn't it possible the agent was referring to Albany, NY? Albany, GA? I don't know. Can an agent make a mistake? Sure. It's not a matter of not believing the agent. It's a matter of her answer conflicting with the schedule. That's all.

"...if Wolfdog wants to snap at us..." Us, poppa? I just responded to a condescending response from shallow, not you. Good grief.

Again, thanks julauf, and I will be most appreciative if you do make a stop at the station. And I will notify Amtrak that they may have an error on their schedule.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amtrak

"And I will notify Amtrak that they may have an error on their schedule." You're not worth bothering with. I'm sorry that I tried to help you.

Reply to: Amtrak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albany