We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel for location and price of parking

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
875 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best hotel for location and price of parking

Hi. I'm reviewing various hotel options for a 3 night stay for 2 people. Prefer 2 double beds. The cheapest is the Courtyard Marriott Tech Center, at $370. How is that location? Does anyone know the prices for parking for any of these? Next is probably the Westin, via hotwire, for $382, but the parking there is $24 per day. Next is the Crowne Plaza (great location, right?) for $414 at AAA rate. Any guess at the the cost to park there? The most expensive is the Hampton Inn Old Town on Richmond Road, at $431 through hotels.com.

Considering locations (and other experiences) what do you think is the best choice for the money?

Thanks much!

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
519 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best hotel for location and price of parking

Here's my take....Of all of your above choices, only Crowne Plaza on N. Fairfax is situated on our famous bike path that runs from Mt. Vernon to....Leesburg?? (maybe beyond....I've never taken it beyond Ashburn, VA). And is walking distance ....about 6 blocks from King Street near our waterfront. The CP is also along the Potomac...the views are spectacular if you have a water view.

Also, the CP is directly across the street from Wheel Nuts Bike Shop that has rentals. Parking is self park and costs $20/night (cheap by Old Town standards)

www.rentabikenow.com/store…

Westin is located in the Carlysle Neighborhood near the Patent and Trademark Office. It is closer ....easy walking distance to Metro....but as a crow flies ....about 1.5 miles from the Waterfront. There is a free trolly that runs from Metro down King to the Waterfront. It is not optimal if you will be primarily biking, IMO.

The other sites you mentioned are at various locations just outside the periphery of the Old Town Historic district and would require an auto to get around...still requiring you to pay for parking and defeating the purpose and IMHO minimizing what gives you more freedom to move around on foot.

I hope this is helpful

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best hotel for location and price of parking

Great, thanks. Actually, I made some phone calls and found out the Westin's parking is $24 per night and the Crowne Plaza's is $20 per night. Now I'm leaning towards the Hampton Inn on Richmond Highway (US1?) for ease of getting around. We will be driving all over the place to various zydeco, swing, blues, and other dance classes.

Will hope to ride bikes if have any remaining energy. I have more questions, but they're more appropriate for a new post.

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
519 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best hotel for location and price of parking

Then go with the Marriott Tech Center!

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best hotel for location and price of parking

Thanks. Will keep this in mind.

5. Re: best hotel for location and price of parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:40