We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info needed on Costa Do Sauipe and trips

Watord
2 posts
Save Topic
Info needed on Costa Do Sauipe and trips

I'm a wheelchair and thinking of going to Costa Do Sauipe this September with friends to Breezes. First of all, can anyone tell me what the resort is like outside the hotel, day or night, what's there and also what the trips are like for a wheelchair user, travelling time, possibly by road, and any recommendations on the trips. I fancy whale watching, Rio, an Amazon boat trip , Sau Paulo and I want to find out if there is anywhere to swim with dolphins. I've got good upper body strength and great mates so I can handle a bit of mucking about. Your help and advise wld be most appreciated before we book. Cheers Debs x

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info needed on Costa Do Sauipe and trips

Debs

How long are you looking to go to Brasil for?? Costa Do Sauipe itself is a gated resort and Breezes is fine for Wheelchair access, with lifts to each floor/resturants etc. Mush of the area around is Rainforest and small villages, these can either be dirt tracks or Cobbled Stones, which are deff not wheelchair friendly, even much of Salvador can be difficult, if your determined however you will get by!

Getting to Rio is fairly easy and can be booked with the guides, it was around £350 per person for a 2/3 night tour.

There are no Dolphins in this area, you get sea turtles and whales at certian times of the year, but the dolphins are much further north as is the Amazon River! If these are also things that you are considering then you would be needing to look at spending a long time in the country - its good to remember the Brasil is the 5th Largest Country in the world, with huge distances between things!

Bahia is well worth the visit and when we were there, we had fellow guests there in a Wheelchair, the said they had an amazing time, im sure they also did the Rio trip.

Mentioned in this post
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
902 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info needed on Costa Do Sauipe and trips

Debs,

JohnSimp is really to the point in his description - I just wanted to confirm that the humpback whales visit the coast near Sauipe between the months of July and November. From what I can remember, there is a company that organizes trips leaving by road from Sauipe to Praia do Forte (about 20 km) and from there by boat to get as close as possible to the cetaceans.

Though I am sure more and more locations and authorities are aware of the need for accessability, Brazil is probably still quite a ways to make all areas available, but with some help from your friends, you will most certainly enjoy your stay.

Boa Viagem!

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info needed on Costa Do Sauipe and trips

There are indeed a couple of companys that run trips out to see the Humpback Whales! However both the whalewatching boats and also the rigid inflatables (Used by the likes of Bahia Adventre) Use a small dingy to get out to the boats and therefore not very easy! Please also remember that the sea here can be incredably rough, so much so, that for half the time we were here, all trips out were cancelled!

(And straight to the point is good sometimes!!! haha)

You will have an amazing trip if you do decide to visit this wonderful part of the world!

John

4. Re: Info needed on Costa Do Sauipe and trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Costa Do Sauipe