We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renaissance hotel

northants
4 posts
Save Topic
renaissance hotel

iam staying at the renaissance in mid june. does any body know if you can use the swimming pool, bars,etc at the marriott resort next door,as i understand they belong to the same hotel chain?.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renaissance hotel

Kenzo,

There should be no problem.... However, I used to work at those two hotesl and very recently it was announced that they would no longer be Marriott-afilliated hotels starting June 1st. I'm not sure if anyone at one of the hotels will be able to answer you right now what exactly will happen after that date - the hotels will not close and will continue honoring reservations, but not clear how much they will continue to work as almost one entity. Double-check through the reservation channel you used.

Where else will you be traveling in Brazil? I hope this piece of news does not disencourage you from coming - changing hotel flags are a common occurrence in the hotel world anywhere and it really is only an issue in your case because of the fact that the hotels really did take advantage of the same ownership by offering almost a 2 x 1 as neighboring properties.

Boa Viagem!

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
northants
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: renaissance hotel

thanks for that information daniel, we are travelling with first choice and staying for 14 nights.we intend to just chill out for are first visit to brazil, but may visit rio on another occasion.any other news about the change of ownership if you hear would be most helpful, regards kenzo.

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renaissance hotel

I would not worry to much about the change of ownership, the two hotels must still have to work together for many reason, one being that they have a shared kitchen!!!! So aim sure you will still be able to use a lot of the same facilities whilst there. Two weeks is a long time to sit and do nothing when you have travelled so far to a country, remembering that its the middle of winter so although still hot you will get plenty of rain etc, have a think about what things you are interested in, as it would be a chame not to get to see much of the fantastic country that you are in!

John

northants
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: renaissance hotel

thanks john we will have a look at what trips are availiable when we get to the hotel.if we like brazil we will most likely go to rio on another trip. regards kenzo

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: renaissance hotel

You might get a bit of rain, I was there in the beginning of July in 2005, at Super Breezes, and got rained on half of the trip. At least it's warm. If staying in Sauipe, go on a trip to Praia do Forte, about 45minutes by Bus from the complex, to see a bit of the real Brazil outside the Sauipe sanitized environment. There are travel adventure companies associated to the hotels where you can take excursions- I loved the Buggy tour through the Jungle, with rafting down a river.

I'm curious how you are arriving in Brazil- direct to Salvador, or via Rio or Sao Paulo? This will hav a big impact on where you can go.

Ciao

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
State of Sao Paulo
northants
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: renaissance hotel

we are flying direct to salvador from gatwick with first choice airlines, about 10 and half hour flight. kenzo.

7. Re: renaissance hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Costa Do Sauipe