We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spiders

lancashire
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
spiders

hoping to book for superclub breezes for 2009, are there any huge spiders lurking about in the hotel/rooms?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
330 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: spiders

No, the scorpions ate them all. Sorry I could not resist that. I have lived in Rio for many years and have seen very few spiders. The few I have seen, were very, very small.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
896 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spiders

Dawn, where have you seen spiders in hotel rooms? This is not a normal occurence in most Brazilian regions. I am just curious how you came to have this question specifically? Has someone told you stories about huge spiders in Brazil?

The rooms are air-conditioned, cleaned daily and pretty much on par with 4-star hotels anywhere else on a beach - which means people trail a lot of sand with them, so if anything the hotel is always a bit sandy. Cockroaches and mosquitoes are rare - usually the cleaning is excellent and the more or less constant sea-breeze literally blows away the mosquitoes.

You are traveling to the developing world, it's true, but it's not quite so backward as some may have you believe.

Boa Viagem!

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
lancashire
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spiders

thankyou!! had visions of tarantulas roaming about, ive been to a museum lately where they had exhibits of spiders some of which where from brazil, hence the worry!!! im booking in the next few weeks for next august cant wait, it sounds an amazing place.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spiders

Dawn

You've seen to many horror movies, like Daniel said the room are spotless, in every resort I've been to in Brazil, from 3 Star to 5 Star, and Sauipe is at least 4. I would be careful of big spiders outside your room, and I've seen a few big ones in Sao Paulo in my wife's parents house.

Enjoy & relax

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
State of Sao Paulo
leigh
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: spiders

went to superclub breezes last year and didnt see one spider or for that matter any insects in our room.

if your thinking of booking i can guarentee you that you will have a fantastic time as we did as what i can only describe as the best holiday we have ever been on.

if you need any info give me a shout

lancashire
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: spiders

thank you for that!

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
896 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spiders

Neil2k7, great to read that you had such a great time in Sauípe. HOpefully you're making plans to visit other destinations in Brazil. Stay around the Forums and help contribute.

Dawn, have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
8. Re: spiders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Costa Do Sauipe