We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

football matches

lancashire
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
football matches

my son is football mad, are there any stadiums or matches on near resort of superclub breezes?

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: football matches

Near the Breezes the best you would get is some kids or adults playing on sand lots with their family and friends cheering them on (or giving them hell).

The closest you will find matches are in Salvador - when will you be going, so I can check if the two main teams in town are playing significant games. The teams are Bahia and Vitoria, the first is in the Serie B (Second Division - or your First Division) and Vitoria is in Serie A, the equivalent of your Premier League (just much less money involved).

If you go to town for the games, which except on weekends are at nighttime, then you probably will have to organize a special tour of the city, probably with a taxi driver. From my years in Sauipe sometime back I can recommend Darko, a guy from Eslovenia who fell in love with Brazil and a Brazilian many years ago and is still there. I've lost touch with him, but check with the front desk. I'm sure they can also recommend someone else if necessary.

Will you just be at the Superclubs or will you by chance be traveling to another city, like Rio?

Either way, enjoy your stay and thanks for choosing Brazil!

Mentioned in this post
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Vitoria
Vitoria
State of Espirito Santo
Brazil
Brazil
South America
lancashire
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: football matches

hi, thanks for the reply, we are going in the first few weeks of august 2009, any football matches will be great, we arent going to rio, i think it will be too expensive, it all depends on the cost.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: football matches

August 2009 will be a new season - until then the teams may have remained in their respective divisions or not, so check with us at that time - or use Wikipedia, someone usually records the the resurts in the English language version also. Just ask your son to start following up on Brazilian soccer/football.

Have a safe trip next year - great to be planning ahead for such a long time - why don't you read some of the Forum entries on different Brazilian locations? This is an exceptionally beautiful and vibrant nation with lots of options to choose from - it's not a one-trip country for sure (well, even small countries can be visited often anyway...).

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: football matches

Ocasionally if there are a few people that want to go and watch a game, someone can normally arrange a mini bus, the rep did this for a few people last year that want to one of the Salvador Games one evening. Its a shame you cant get to Rio as thats where you'll get a real treat watching football.

All the best with your trip.

John

Mentioned in this post
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
lancashire
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: football matches

thanks for that john, my son is football mad so hopefully we can sort something out!

Estonia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: football matches

Will Vitoria play at home between November 8th and 19th? Thanks in Advance!

Tarvi

Mentioned in this post
Vitoria
Vitoria
State of Espirito Santo
Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: football matches

Vitoria will at at home Nov,9th against Atletico Mineiro

Mentioned in this post
Vitoria
Vitoria
State of Espirito Santo
Estonia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: football matches

Thanks for a quick response! Maybe you know also how to get tickets?

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: football matches

you can get there easily!

Estonia
4 posts
1 review