We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccines for Belém

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Vaccines for Belém

I am traveling to Belém in June (after a trip to Natal and Recife). I will not be taking any trips deeper into the Amazon. Is the yellow fever vaccine recommended/encouraged? Any other recommended/encouraged vaccines? What about anti-malarial medication?

Mentioned in this post
Natal
Natal
State of Rio Grande do Norte
Recife
Recife
State of Pernambuco
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccines for Belém

Not required but, yes, recommended.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccines for Belém

I've never taken any antimalarials when travelling to Belem and the only place that I've taken a yellow fever innoculation for is Foz, where the international recommendatiins advise it.

You won't feel 'deep in the Amazon or deep in the rainforest' in Belem, although it is a world away from the big cities of Rio and Sampa.There is a nice Amazon park on the edge of the town where you can have a hike into a protected area with a guide. Recommended, not expensive, and it introduces you to much rainforest flora and fauna. Belem is one of my favourite towns in Brazil.

Mentioned in this post
Belem
Belem
State of Para
Brazil
Brazil
South America
3. Re: Vaccines for Belém

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Belem