We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surrounding Countryside of Belem, Para.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Surrounding Countryside of Belem, Para.

Hullo,

I hate big cities but have had a week in Belem more or less forced upon me. Does anyone know of any good Tours in the Surrounding Countryside near to Belem. Somewhere quiet but with good views and perhaps a few small villages to visit, please.

Mentioned in this post
Belem
Belem
State of Para
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surrounding Countryside of Belem, Para.

Lots of tours, ranging from a few hours to a full day, to beach areas, jungle, etc. that would get you out of the city. We found them when we were in Belem for 3-4 days for a meeting my wife had. There are several tour outfits in town. Your hotel should be able to help you. Or do an Internet search (info may be just in Portuguese for many, but not all). Only tour we ended up going on was an early evening river trip.

Belem itself was relatively pleasant, especially the port area (a new complex of restaurants and shops was nice), and the Mangal das Garcas park area, which has a number of exhibits (pay to enter each), including one with butterflies. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g303404-d237…

Edited: 09 November 2014, 02:55
Mentioned in this post
Belem
Belem
State of Para
2. Re: Surrounding Countryside of Belem, Para.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Belem