We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

They have a great website with beautiful homes but I cannot find reviews for them or anyone that has used them. Thanks for your help!

Florianopolis
Level Contributor
112 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

I know people who stayed at their houses, they are really nice, but also very expensive. In my opinion it´s the best location, Praia Mole. If you can afford them it´s a great options. There are other options on the same beach, but less fancy, therefore less expensive.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

We are actually looking at the townhomes and off season is fairly reasonable. Glad to hear that the areas is a good location.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

You do understand that "off-season" as far south as Floripa is probably not going to be beach weather by any stretch of the imagination?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

Yes, we do realize that.... going to visit daughter studying abroad in the area.

Maringa, Brazil
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

I would suggest http://www.temporadalivre.com/en (use /en for the english version). They don't own the houses, you get in touch directly with the advertiser. But the advertisers are mostly real estate agencies and you can google their names to check if they are legit. They have more then 200 properties listed in Florianopolis and their map navigation is amazing.

Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

We are in Santa Catarina right now staying at a condo managed by Floripa Vacation Homes. The company manages vacation rentals in three complexes near Praia Mole -- 2031, 2057 and 2129 Rodovia Journalista Manoel de Menenzes. The company answers emails promptly and you can call them using a US phone number. Mari, who is very charming, studied English in California and is fluent.

When we arrived, I was not certain I really liked the condo we were assigned so I asked what else was available. Mari showed me a couple of other options and was very flexible. The best thing about the condo, in our opinion, are the communications features. There is a telephone here with a 310 area code so calls to the US are easy and FREE. The wifi is excellent.

Mari spent an hour showing us the condo features and explaining how various things such as the wifi, phone, television and sound systems worked, as well as orienting us to the neighborhood. She also provided us with the use of a local cell phone to contact her for any reason at any time. The condo itself has an information booklet that is very extensive and covers numerous topics of interest including restaurant recommendations.

Mari also introduced us to a young man who provides tours as well as surfing lessons. Ernesto dropped by since he lives next door to our rental and was very friendly. His English was very good.

Our experience has been exceptional and I recommend Floripa Vacation Homes. The one caveat, however, is to clearly understand their booking policy before you pay. It is not stated on the VRBO site and I don't think they explain it unless you ask. Once you have paid your deposit, there are no refunds allowed. What they do allow is for you to apply your deposit to a future time within a specified period of time. If your plans to visit Brazil do not coincide with this, you may be out some money.

Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

Addition to Post 6 above. Since we arrived, the condo complex and general area have had some issues with electricity outages for no apparent reason. Worst was yesterday for about two hours at dusk. Without electricity, no lights, gate access, heat, AC, internet, phone, television, music.

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

I just returned from a fantastic trip to Florianopolis, my third time there now, and I would highly recommend the destination to anyone! This was my first stay with Floripa Vacation Homes though definitely not my last, I would recommend them highly. The house I stayed in was modern, clean and super comfortable, like a 4-5 star hotel basically, with wifi and a US phone even so I could easily stay in touch with everyone back home. The location was perfect as well, my friends and I fell in love with Praia Mole beach and the Lagoa, both incredibly fun and beautiful!! Two thumbs up all the way around... One piece of advice though would be to study up on your portuguese a bit before heading down, you'll enjoy your trip a lot more that way as many poeple don't speak english all that well. Try pimsleur's brazilian portuguese, a quick and easy way to brush up on the basics and be able to communicate with locals...

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

I would highly recommend Floripa Vacation Homes.

I visited Florianopolis in August and I spent two nights at the Praia Mole townhouse. If I am fortunate enough to travel back to Florianopolis in the future, I will definately be using them again.

The space was as advertised in the pictures. It was clean, nicely furnished, all the amenities mentioned were included (VOIP phone / wifi, both awesome).

Mari at Floripa was awesome. She helped me with a car rental which was flawless. The company picked us up at the airport. We met her at the apartment and showed us around the place. She gave us a printout of local restaurants and places to see... She let us know that she was available by phone if we needed anything and gave us a local brazilian cell phone that had her number programmed just in case.

She made us feel very welcome and the little extra details went a long way.

I really hope I get to go back to Floripa in the future. When I do return, I will be staying with Floripa Vacation Homes.

Contact me at 13primary (at) gmail (dot) com with any questions about my stay.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used floripavacationhomes.com?

My friend and I stayed with Floripa Vacation Homes for a week last December and I don't think we could have asked for a better experience. The places are exactly as advertised: modern, clean and in a great location (right across from Praia Mole). In addition, each townhouse has WiFi, VOIP (310 area code number) and TV/Cable.

When you stay with Floripa Vacation Homes, you aren't just renting a place from them. Mari, who helps from the start of your first phone call, will arrange a taxi from the airport, show you around the townhouse when you arrive and give you the scoop on nightlife, where to eat and what to do. She was super friendly and made the experience second to none! In addition, they give you a local cellphone so that you can call at anytime with questions or for advice.

If you are going to Floripa, this is the place to stay!

Steve

Get answers to your questions about Florianopolis