We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

building work next to hotel eden

bath england
Level Contributor
18 posts
building work next to hotel eden

is the building work still going on next to the hotel as i am going in two weeks time and wondered if it is going to effect the hotel eden

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: building work next to hotel eden

Hi

Was there any?

bath england
Level Contributor
18 posts
2. Re: building work next to hotel eden

I was under the impression that there was another hotel being built next door to the eden and wondered weather it was completed yet.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: building work next to hotel eden

Sorry - I didnt read the date and thought you'd already been! Please update us after you've got back as we're thinking of staying there next month!

Have a great time in Rovinj, it's lovely.

2 posts
4. Re: building work next to hotel eden

I'm going on 31 May & have just received an email from the tour operator saying it is opening in June & only final internal work is being carried out. I'll report when we get back!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: building work next to hotel eden

Hi - I just got back on Tuesday, stayed at the Park Hotel. I met a lady who was staying at the Eden,she said that the internal work was complete and they were just finishing off the landscaping and the outsides and that they hoped the new hotel will be open in / by August. She said that the work didn't bother her at all but I guess thats a personal thing. When I walked past it on a few occassions it certainly looks nearly finished and I did see some small amount of work still going on. A few little dumper trucks doing stuff outside. Hope that helps. happy holiday!

Jan

2 posts
6. Re: building work next to hotel eden

Just got back yesterday (June 7) when we arrived the noise was horrendous! We were told bt Thomsons before we left that only internal work was being carried out & it would be unintrusive. This was not the case. They were landscaping the grounds and there was an army of trucks & heavy plant machinery with constant noise from reversing bleepers, diggers, hamner drills, tile cutters etc. It started at 7am & on some evenings continued til 9pm.

HOWEVER, the noise did ease off towards the end of our week, (although people we met who were staying at the Monte Mulini on the other side of the hotel said the work had moved round to their side!) & it does look like it's almost completed.

Our rep told us that they have a deadline to complete the hotel by June 14 or Maistra will be fined, but this was said in a 'don't hold your breath' manner. Ascompensation we were given free bike hire for one day & free use off all the facilities at Hotel Istra on the Red Island, including free boat fare to the island.

We couldn't use the pool at Eden because of the noise but you only have to go a short walk to the miles of pebbly beaches where there are plenty of places to eat & loos etc. We went out a lot during the day anyway so it didn't bother us too much it was just a shame we couldn't use the pool as we have an 11yr old and it was such a lovely one and in a nice setting& we have an 11yr old who would have loved it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: building work next to hotel eden

Thanks for the update - we decided to book Palma instead and I'm glad we did now! What a shame your holiday was marred. I understand they need to do the work but some people save up all year and if they're not warned it's not fair!

8. Re: building work next to hotel eden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 09:15
Get answers to your questions about Rovinj
Recent Conversations