We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
68 reviews
48 helpful votes
Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

I got in touch with a couple of tour operators, all of them give quotes for the entire jeep. Will I find a group to share a jeep with when I get to Bahariya? Do enough travelers go to Bahariya these days(going in Dec 2013)?

How much should I expect to pay for a 1 night safari with a stay at the White desert, sharing with other people.

Edited: 11 years ago
7 replies to this topic
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

Hi, very good question, am in same situation and would like to know the response to the question, also going dec jan and travelling alone,

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
68 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

From what I've heard, it's not very difficult to get people to share with,but then you never know,tourism is down these days. One of the tour operators has asked me to email him some 15 days before.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

Okay, well lets hope that things pick up by december, i,m sure there should be some tours going

4. Re: Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
888 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

@ aymanww :

Your 3 posts are adds to the same website. Advertising is against the rules of TA

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
68 reviews
48 helpful votes
6. Re: Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

Nevertheless, it would be great if someone knows how much we should pay for a typical 1 day 1 night white and black desert tour(like per person). And are there loads of travel agents who will try to get a deal when you arrive in bahariyya?

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
24 posts
114 reviews
164 helpful votes
7. Re: Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?

Hi! I traveled solo to Egypt last November 2012 and went to White Desert. It was part of a package tour. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I had no major problems traveling solo, and the company I got did not charge me extra--which was great.

I agree though about finding people to go with on a jeep to Bahariya. My experience was that I had to take the bus (because the package I got was a budget one), and the bus was quite an inconvenience. A jeep from Cairo to Bahariya would indeed be better.

Reply to: Traveling solo:how do I go about booking a tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.