We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and Activity at Redang Island

Shanghai, China
4 posts
Food and Activity at Redang Island
Save

I am planning to be at Redang Island from 5th -8th Oct 2019. Most of the resorts provide package including brekafast, Lunch, Dinner, Snorkelling and pickup & Drop from Jetty. But the package looks more expensive than the one I book through any OTA like Trip.com and Booking.com which does not include above items apart from stay.

Wanted to understand how the cost of food and these activities are at Island? Is it advisable to take it in a package with resort or better to buy them separately once I go there?

Asia
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Food and Activity at Redang Island
Save

Without knowing which hotel it is hard to tell u. Anyway there is always local stalls selling common local food like fried rice etc anything from RM10 (give or take) and above per plate.

If your hotel is isolated and no local stall then better u take the all in package.

Edited: 3 years ago
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
664 posts
1,028 reviews
637 helpful votes
2. Re: Food and Activity at Redang Island
Save

Depends on where you want stay. Some hotels are located in secluded coves and not connected to other parts of the island. So whether you like it or not, you have to eat at the hotel.

The 'capital' of the island is located in the middle of the island where there is a small town. As far as I recall Berjaya Resort is connected to the town. About 1km inland.

Shanghai, China
4 posts
3. Re: Food and Activity at Redang Island
Save

Thanks. Planning to stay at Sari Pacifica Resort Redang

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
664 posts
1,028 reviews
637 helpful votes
4. Re: Food and Activity at Redang Island
Save

I don't recall seeing independent stalls in that part of the island but I might be wrong.

However you need a boat ride from the main jetty because the resort is located on the east side of the island. The main ferry from KT only takes you to the main jetty. Take the boat option if the resort offers that as part of the stay.

Level Contributor
436 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: Food and Activity at Redang Island
Save

Bit late replying to this but for anyone else reading, there are 2 Sari Pacifica's on Redang Island. If it's the one in Long beach then just got for breakfast. You can try some of the other resorts each night and sometimes there are a few stalls on the beach. There is enough to eat somewhere different every night.

If it's the other one then you may as well get full board as there is not much else near by.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
6. Re: Food and Activity at Redang Island
Save

You can have local meals at Laguna Redang Island Resort or Redang Beach Resort.They also selling drinks and foods but most on evening and night. Foods its not problem to but at Redang Island.If you stay at Long Beach area,its easy to get other food on other resort. If,i not mistaken,Redang Bay also selling grocery at their resort.

If you staying at Taaras Resort ,you may walk out side to local villager.Walking distance about 15 minutes.Lots of foods selling with local price.

7. Re: Food and Activity at Redang Island

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.