We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redang trip

Gurgaon, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
15 helpful votes
Redang trip
Save

hello travellers,

i am planning a redang trip with family ( 2 adults+2 Kids) and need some advice on below points.

1. Is september a good time to visit? weather is suitable ? and other water activities are they still doable?

2. where to stay,any recommendation i can see avg budget incl. activities is like 300-400RM per person.

3. is veg food available, any experience with the hotels on veg food is appreciated.

4. i am with kids 9/4yrs , any suggestions or advice

thanks in advance

happy travelling.

3 replies to this topic
Bain Boeuf
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
19,388 posts
214 reviews
105 helpful votes
1. Re: Redang trip
Save

Are you currently living in Malaysia? If not I would wait until after the 31st August before planning anything as we won't know until then what countries Malaysia will be opened up to.

As for the weather, we can't predict anything. July/August is usually a good time, but I've just come back from Redang and we had torrential rains and thunderstorms at night. The day we did the crossing back the sea was very rough and our speedboat was tossed about all over the place. Maybe consider if your kids are likely to just fall asleep on the boat or if it will make them ill.

As for food, you can discuss that with your hotel once you know if you can get here. At the moment many hotels are having limited menus due to the SOPs.

Gurgaon, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Redang trip
Save

Thanks. Yes i m in KL now...rain is my main concern..last time langkawi was spoilt due to the rains ..thanks for rough sea waters update..i thinking of sept anyhow..

Thanks

Bain Boeuf
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
19,388 posts
214 reviews
105 helpful votes
3. Re: Redang trip
Save

At the moment you need to consider that on Redang at the moment, all hotels are fully booked as Malaysians go on holiday. There's been a pent up demand for several months now. It may ease off a bit once we get past the 31st August, or there may be a second rush as foreign tourists come flooding in. Do also book the ferry as they have limited capacity.

Reply to: Redang trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.