We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redang in October

Mia
Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Redang in October
Save

Hi... Did anyone been to Redang last October? How is the weather there? Planning for Vacation this coming October, but a bit worried on the weather there. TQ

Bain Boeuf
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
19,428 posts
214 reviews
106 helpful votes
1. Re: Redang in October
Save

Getting across or back on the ferry can be the real problem if the weather is bad. The rough seas can make the ferries very unpleasant, uncomfortable and dangerous as you are continually thrown into the air. Nobody can say really what the weather will be like - it will all depend on if the NE Monsoon has started. I have been there when there was a torrential storm at night but the next day it had gone. If you are going to the Taaras have you thought about flying with their aircraft from Subang? Goes I think at 11am in the morning arriving at 12.00.

Curtin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
2. Re: Redang in October
Save

My last 3 trips to Redang & Kuala Trengganu were September-mid October. I was fortunate so far & the weather was fine.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
3. Re: Redang in October
Save

Most of resort will closed on Mid of October for every years. Only a few resort still open until end of October such Laguna Redang Island Resort .

4. Re: Redang in October

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.