We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination guide books

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Destination guide books

I have read a lot of responses regarding a guidebook callled "Globe trotter".

Can any fellow TA member please advise me where I can obtain a copy of the latest edition "Globetrotter Mauritius" locally please? I wish to have it for the road map it contains. Will big cjhains like Exclusive Books perhaps be the answer in the RSA?

Or where else can I obtain a copy, please?

Mentioned in this post
9 replies to this topic
Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination guide books

Hi Johnny,

It's easy to find here in UK, our high street bookshops such as W.H.Smith and Waterstones always have a good selection of Globetrotter books in stock but in SA I have no idea. I would suggest you try buying it over the internet.

Mazza :-)

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination guide books

Hi Mazz!

Can you help with a web site address perhaps please?

JohnnyO

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,933 posts
2,264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination guide books

Try an online retailer such as Amazon.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination guide books

Hi JohnnyO

Try Exclusive Books - we got ours there!!!

Dee

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination guide books

Hi all you fabulous TA guys!

Thank you all very, very much!

Dee, you are spot on, just ordered from Exclusive and it's on it's way! Did so even before I signed on again on TA and voila! I thought they might have and my son directed me to them as he worked for them during his student days to earn pocket money. Hope I got the right thing Dee, it's a R 100? That the correct one? I'm only after the road map because I'm not sure wheter a gps will help there and I got no clue wheter one will be able to get the soft ware for a gps in SA. Any idea there perhaps?

When are you going again? I'm counting the months down! 5 to go and I'm on flight SA 190 departing OR Tambo Int 12/8/2012 at 09:40. A fabulous 13 nights await me!

Thank you for your advise and trouble Preston, as you see I got orginized, but all the same, thank you agin, I appreciate it.

Till next time, cheers!

JohnnyO

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination guide books

Great stuff, JohnnyO - that sounds like the correct book. Very useful map and info. We've never used a GPS in SA or Mauritius so can't help you there.

We leave on 4 May for a week at Le Victoria. Can't wait. So in two months time I'll be sitting on the beach eating a marlin baguette for lunch and sipping on a cocktail. It's great to have something to look forward to again.

Cheers

Dee

Mentioned in this post
Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Destination guide books

Hi Dee!

Wonderfull! I hope you heve absolute wonderfull weather.

I'm booked in the Connonier from 12/8 untill 25/8. Can hardly wait for it. Last trip was at Mont Choicy hotel during June 2009 and was not bad either. Food could have been better but I beleive they have a new GM on board who shaped things up a bit. Will stop there for lunch when I'm there. I decided on a change this round as we will be able to use Le Mauricia as well for dinner, etc.

I just hope the weather will treat us well when we arrive. You guys flying with SAA or MK?

Mentioned in this post
Mauricia Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Mauricia Beachcomber...
3,309 Reviews
Mauritius
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Destination guide books

Hi JohnnyO

We've been lucky and always had good weather before so I'm not worried about that at all.

When we stayed at Le Mauricia the second time in 2010 we went to Le Cannonier for lunch. Looked like a very nice hotel. We adore Le Mauricia and really struggled with the choice of going to Le Vic this time. But felt that we wanted to see something different hence the change. I love the position of Le Mauricia in Grand Baie - so easy for shopping, catamaran trips etc.

We don't have a choice of carrier from CPT so MK it is. I have no problem with them - have used them 3 times before and always had a good experience. Seats a bit firm but luckily it's a short trip. No worse than good old Kulula!

I haven't forgotten about checking on currency exchange for you at SSR when we land!

Dee

Mentioned in this post
Mauricia Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Mauricia Beachcomber...
3,309 Reviews
Mauritius
Grand Baie
Grand Baie
Mauritius
Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Destination guide books

Hi Dee

I just hope you will enjoy it. Thank you for your contribution on La Mauricia. I believe Le Cannonier will be fine. My brother stayed there last year June and he only have good to say about both the Cannonier and La Muaricia. I trust I made the right choice. I was interrested in The Sands but decided to be closer to Grand Bay for all the xcursions as you mentioned.

Thank you Dee, I will appreciate your insight on forex. I checked this morning and the Rand is getting a hiding this satge, down to Rs 3.69 for ZAR 1. Was at Rs 4.00 on Monday.

But what, I suppose it will eventualy lift it's head again.

Have a splendid time Dee and come back well rested and refreshhed. I joked earlier with Bronia and said I wish I could smuggle myself into your luggae and go along. Wish I could!

Johnny

Reply to: Destination guide books
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mont Choisy