We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mont choisy

Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
mont choisy

My family and I will be staying at the beach villas for two weeks any advise tips hints or warnings most welcome. Would like to know about the bungalows swimming pool and especially the beach. As its self catering the most affordable stores near by. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Marcia and family

6 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,615 posts
1,875 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mont choisy

I stayed at a hotel nearby. There is a lovely stretch of beach where I used to go for very long walks. All beaches in Mauritius are public, just be aware that there might be coral on the beach so have soft shoes.

There is a bus stop nearby and taxis outside the hotels. I would go to the SuperU hypermarket in Grand Baie to stock up. There are smaller stores in the area.

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mont choisy

MarciaT4

Preston is spot on. Gtrand baie is your closest big town with Super U as a supermarket. Busses are rugarly and reasonable cheap. Mont Choicy has a very nice beach with lots of casuarina trees for the hot sun. It is quite a long strech of beach and it is quite safe. There are smaller shops dotted along the coast where you can find the basics like bottled water, tea, coffe, milk, etc.

Soft shoes is recommended for strolls on the beach as broken corral can be a hazard to bare feet.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,340 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mont choisy

Looked round these villas - the ones on the sea side of the road are spacious.Choisy is a great area and a good beach.

Sorry can't recall the swimming pool though!

Shops close by.

Trou aux Biches beach a little further down to your south.

You have a good supermarket at TAB called Chez Popos which sells everything you might need, but go to Super U hypermarket for more choice.

Avoid the corner supermarket at Point aux Cannonier crossroads - can never remember its name (Persaud?)

They tried to charge DH 50 MUR for a small bottle of water which costs 12/13 in most supermarkets - and 95 for a large bottle......

Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mont choisy

Thank you so much!

Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mont choisy

Thank you much appreciated