We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mon Choisy Beach Resort

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Mon Choisy Beach Resort

Has anyone stayed at the Mon Choisy Beach resort? Kindly assist urgently with overall comment on area as well as hotel. Where is the perfect, affordable area to stay in Mauritius? Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mon Choisy Beach Resort

I didn't stay in the Resort, but I made a visit.

It isn't a RESORT, it is a house with studios . also possible studios with connecting doors.

It is right on the beach, but you cant swim there, a lot of rocks,

but in 50 m there is the wunderfull Mon Choisy Beach

In the near a busstop , some restaurant, hotels , small and too expensive

I like the region, stay often there

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mon Choisy Beach Resort

Thank you Samb738. Much appreciated.

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mon Choisy Beach Resort

I can't coment on the resort but Mont Choicy is a quite and lovely venue. I stayed at the Corraia Mont Choicy hotel before and I found it a nice area. It is situated on the main bus route between Port Loius and Grand Bay which make transportation quite easy and reletavily cheap. To the north there is Grand Bay where the action is. Here you will find restaurants, night clubs, fishing, sailing, excursions to the ouiter islands, parra sailing, etc. For shopping I would suggest you go to Super-U in GB to stock up on daily essentials like milk, drinks and water. Prices compare relatively same as else where on the globe and big supermarkets.

The Mont Choicy public beach is closde to the resort in question, about 50 to 70 meter away, a east stroll and is an absolute heaven with crystal clear water for bathing and casuarin atrees for shade from the hot sun.

Hope this helps.

Reply to: Mon Choisy Beach Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mont Choisy
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor