We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety?

Oslo, Norway
1 post
Save Topic
Safety?

Hi. We are two persons spending 2 weeks in Trou aux biches in January. It will be our first time to Mauritius. I'm wondering about the safety for tourists. Can someone please give me some advice?

Like, if I leave my belongings on Mont Choisy beach to take a swim, should I expect these to be lost? Or should I stay far away from Mont Choisy because it is a deserted beach? How common is assault and robbery?

What about if we went on some hiking/trekking up in the mountains. Is that considered safe?

Thanks for your advice...

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,344 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Safety?

I see my post to Halima has been removed.

I will ask for a reinstate from the mods.

To repeat what I said was:

Halima it appears you joined Tripadvisor today just to comment on this thread.

I repeat it is not my role to sell the island. I do not work for the Mauritian Tourist Board not any travel agency.

England
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
92. Re: Safety?

@halima R

I have always gone to Florida on my holidays in the past and this is a new place to visit.. I get anxious about new places and chose Mauritius and the Maritim all inclusive as we thought it would be a safe place to visit.. Just shocked me a bit reading about being threatened with machetes and robbed at knife point .. We still want to go and experience what looks like paradise to us but just more anxious than I was

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,144 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Safety?

What's going on with removed posts

There have been many incidents of tourists being robbed in Florida so if you are ok going there Mauritius won't be a prpblem

Get answers to your questions about Mont Choisy