We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
158 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

Hi All,

I took a pic in December 2016 of Nejme bus schedule from Chefchaouene. Nejme schedule is difficult to find (even online) so i took the pic, hopefully it helps.

Departure Time:

Casa: 6 - 7.30 - 9.15

Rabat: 6 - 7.30 - 8.15 - 9.15 - 12.45

Fes: 7 - 8.30 - 9.30 - 11.45 - 12.30 - 13.15 - 18

Meknes: 6 - 14 - 15

Ouezane: 8 - 14.30 - 17

Tetouen: 8 - 8.15 - 8.45 - 9.45 - 11.30 - 12.30 - 14.45 - 16.30- 17 - 17.30

Sebta: 9.45 - 11.15

Tanger: 06.45 - 08.30 - 10 - 14 - 15.15 - 18

8 replies to this topic
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

That's really good information and it was kind of you to take the trouble to post it.

Perhaps one of the Destination Experts could add it to the Top Questions for Chefchaouen?

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

Thanks for that, most useful, last year in Tangier I took a picture of Nejme Chamal bus departures from Tangier Gare Routiere, ( main city bus station at Place Al Jamia al Arabia) to Chefchaouen....

Journey time approximately three hours.

One advantage of Nejme Chamal buses from Chefchaouen to Fes is that they terminate at Gare Routiere, Boujloud, close to Fes el bali medina, and the main gate Bab Boujloud, whereas CTM buses use their own private Fes bus station in the new city at Place Atlas, which is a long way from both the medinas, Fes el bali and Fes el Jdid.

Fes Gare Routiere Boujloud pictured here.....

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/132891907

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/132891903

Edited: 29 January 2017, 23:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

Thanks that's super helpful. I'm still debating if I'm going to to travel from Chefchaouen to Fes or Tangier (depends on my route/direction of travel).

Do you know if the Njeyme Chamal pick up point in Chefchaouen is the same as the drop off? From memory we were dropped off on a street rather than a bus station (but that might just be because I followed everyone else off the bus rather than waiting to see if anyone was staying on...)

Edit: Thanks kaptain, it's helpful to know that the bus to Fes stops in a useful place because Fes is one of the places I'll be visiting for the first time!

Edited: 29 January 2017, 23:56
North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

Nejme Chamal buses all terminate at the Chefchaouen Gare Routiere, they have a ticket and luggage office inside the station, the reason why you were set down before the bus station is because some drivers are very considerate, especially towards foreign tourists, and they know you will have to climb back up that VERY steep hill from the bus station to reach the town centre. Otherwise if you want to buy a Nejme Chamal ticket you have to go to the bus station, pictured here in Avenue Maghreb Arabe......

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/123468133

Some of my previous writings on Fes are here, but not for long because Virtualtourist is closing down soon and this link will no longer be active, so copy any pages of interest. There are more recent Tripadvisor reviews written last year, click on my username and scroll down the list to find them.

members.virtualtourist.com/m/1658d2/20410f/

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

added to Top Questions section

Sydney, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

Thanks guys, so considerate of you to post these timetables and help other traveler along... :-)

Sydney, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

Hey Kaptain,

Thanks for pointing out that the CTM bus terminal in Fes isn't any where near the Medina/old town...factoring in taxi fares, the Nejme Chamal bus might be the better option all up.

This question might be more appropriate for the Marrakech forum, but since you bring it up...how do the Nejme Chamal buses measure up against the CTM buses, in terms of duration, comfort and cost?

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene

CTM and Supratours usually have the newest buses (they also offer more expensive luxury buses on some routes) but at the same they are often a bit more expensive - the other companies are a bit more of a gamble as you never know how old the bus will be until it arrives!

Reply to: Nejme bus from Chefchaouene
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted