We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking to Cascades d'Akchour

Cracow, Poland
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking to Cascades d'Akchour

Hello!

I am going to travel to Morocco this month and Chefchaouen is on my list. As I will be staying there for 3 days almost, I was thinking of doing some hiking to Cascades d'Akchour. I am going to travel solo, hence my question - is it safe for a woman to do this hiking, is the area safe? Alternatively, is it possible (and do you know of any) to book an official guide who could offer his guidance to accompany me on the trail? If you could please share any contact details, that would be more than appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Kalina

4 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,983 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking to Cascades d'Akchour

I don't think it's viable to hike there from Chefchaouen. Line-of-sight it's about 12km but there's no direct route and I'd estimate it at 35-40km. In addition there's a rather large mountain in the way, so whilst Chefchaouen is about 600m above sea level, the route over the top reaches 1750m.

Some photos morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Cracow, Poland
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking to Cascades d'Akchour

Thank you Tim for the quick reply! In fact, I was thinking about hiking from Akchour, from there, if I am not confusing things, would be a trek of about 3 hours one way. Is that correct? If so, would you recommend to do it on my own?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,983 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking to Cascades d'Akchour

I don't understand from the message above exactly where you are hiking from and to.

Cracow, Poland
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking to Cascades d'Akchour

hi Tim, sure, explaing now. from what I understood from various information available online, it is possible to get to Akchour via taxi, and from a grand car park make a route of about 2.5/3 h to cascades. I was then asking about this route - from Akchour to cascades...Would appreciate your advice here...

Reply to: Hiking to Cascades d'Akchour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chefchaouen