We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,833 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

This post is to detail the Supratour coach service linking Chefchaouen with the main train service from Casablanca to Tanger. Rather than go all the way to Tanger then take buses/taxis from there to Chefchouen, you can get off the train a couple of hours earlier at Souk El Arbaa.

The 1330 service from Casa Voyageurs stops in Rabat at 1437, then reaches Souk El Arbaa at 1612, before finishing up at Tanger at 1830. The Supratour coach leaves Souk El Arbaa at 1630, goes via Ouezanne and I would estimate it arrives Chefchaouen about 1900.

There's a return coach leaves Chefchaouen at 0830 which I imagine is intended to link to the 1116 train from Souk El Arbaa, arriving Casa Voyageurs at 1425. The 1455 train from Casa Voyageurs then reaches Marrakech at 1830. So ten hours from Chefchaouen to Marrakech.

In the link below, 'correspondence' means to change trains/buses: supratours.ma/en/News/A-new-line-in-correspo…

10 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Useful info, although I see it is quite a tight transfer time from train to bus and those trains are often delayed - I wonder if they hold the bus to make sure it connects with the train

Worst case scenario you can always find a seat in a shared taxi

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,833 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Yes, the bus SHOULD be held as it's advertised as a correspondence—for the sake of anyone else reading this thread, Supratours is actually part of ONCF, the national rail company.

And of course as well as shared grand taxis (who, per seat, typically charge 20% more than a bus seat) there are other bus companies plying this route.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

It is so useful information, Thanks Tim!

Syracuse, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Hi Tim, is taxi service reliable in Souk El Arbaa?

Want to take the early train from Casa to Souk El Arbaa, then take a taxi to Chefchaouen so that we can get to Chef around noon time.

Thanks

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Forget this convoluted and disjointed journey plan from Casablanca to Chefchaouen, the CTM coach departing Casablanca Gare des Voyageurs daily at 1330 goes direct to Chefchaouen with one 25 minute rest stop at Souk el Arbaa, fare is 150 dirhams plus 5 dirhams 'consigne' luggage charge for large items stored in the coach hold, overhead racks are available for smaller items of personal luggage. The coach is timed to arrive at Chefchaouen Gare Routiere ( bus station) at 2000 but nearly always arrives closer to 2100 in my several experiences, due to commercial traffic congestion on the tortuous mountain highways.

The journey is never going to be a comfortable one as the coach negotiates hairpin bends and lurches from side to side, sometimes perilously close to the tarmac carriageway edging with steep drops all along the way, but if feeling nervous just pull the curtains and fasten your seatbelt, if the coach does leave the road and plunges into a ravine your chances of survival are better if fastened to a seat instead of being catapulted from the rolling bus.

In addition, if splitting the journey by train and Supratours coach the overall journey will seem much longer and more tiring, when travelling over the mountain highways by bus you are never going to be able to catch up on lost sleep with an intermittent nap, it's just too bumpy and keeps you awake. If you have strong nerves, when buying your ticket at Casablanca CTM Gare des Voyageurs, ask for seats number one to four at the front of the coach this will give you a bird's eye view of the road ahead and the risky but entertaining antics of drivers in front of the coach, this will surely keep you awake.

The Casablanca CTM bus station is conveniently located and recognised........

travellerspoint.com/photos/…

Syracuse, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Thank you Tim, it is very helpful.

I understand the 1300 train from Casa might the most straightforward way to go with. But I am trying to get to Chef around lunch time instead of 2100. Can I take grand taxi from Souk El Arbaa to Chef?

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Yes there will be grand taxis available to take you to Chefchaoen

Syracuse, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Thank you Nibrika.

1. Will grand taxi be available and is it easy to find around the train station? Plan to get Souk El Arbaa around 11am.

2. How much is it to go to Chefchaouen? A lot of people go to Chefchaouen from there?

Best regards,

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

Hi, in that case how likely can one get a grand taxi from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen? How much is it, and where can one take it from? Thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,786 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen

there will be grand taxis but I have no idea of the cost - there has been past travellers reporting about that though so you might find the info by searching past threads

Reply to: Supratour coach link from Souk El Arbaa to Chefchaouen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chefchaouen