We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chefchaouen on a Friday?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
733 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Chefchaouen on a Friday?

I'm planning a visit to Chefchaouen for a day... but according to my itinerary, that day would be a Friday. I've read that pretty much everything is closed on Fridays in Morocco. Would that be the same in Chefchaouen? Would I be missing a lot? Should I try to rearrange my complete schedule?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chefchaouen on a Friday?

Thats not true at all. Everything is open on Friday, except from around 12:30 to 2:30. In the mornings, late afternoon and evening it's like any other day.

Edited: 08 October 2017, 17:32
Merzouga, Morocco
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chefchaouen on a Friday?

that's not true at all my friend . i have been organizing chefchaouen tours for 12 years now and never heard of the Friday afternoon problem .i admit that their will be an empty time in all the muslman cities at Friday at 12.30 am to 14.30 AM for praying but everything is open at the afternoon .have a nice trip

berberwaymoroccotours

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chefchaouen on a Friday?

You should be able to visit the city on a Friday. Some of the businesses will be closed on the prayer time(1pm to 2h30 pm)

You can arrange your lunch at that time.

Have a nice trip

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
733 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chefchaouen on a Friday?

Good to hear, thanks everyone!

Reply to: Chefchaouen on a Friday?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chefchaouen