We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

Batavia, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

My husband and I will leave Chefchaouen on Thursday, October 20th and are looking for two more people to share the cost of a grand taxi to Fes. Please contact us if interested.

13 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,831 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

Just wander down to the grand taxi rank and you can share without prior arrangement. You may want to pay for four seats so you have the entire rear seat of the taxi to yourselves.

Batavia, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

Yes, but the Grand Taxi will not be all the way to Fes. We will probably have to piece it together between towns

which is too time consuming and difficult for us.

Thank you for the information.

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

Why not 'slum it' and take the bus?.....the CTM company operate four departures daily from Chefchaouen to Fes..

Duration of journey four and a quarter hours, including one 25 minute cafe rest stop at Jorf Malha, fare is only 75 dirhams plus five dirhams for each piece of luggage stowed in the hold. If you download a Google map you will see the bus station (Gare Routiere) located on Avenue Maghreb Arabe, a picture here for identification.....

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/123468133

ctm.ma/horaires-et-tarifs/acheter-un-billet

You won't exactly be 'slumming it' (just my irrepressible eccentric sense of humour) CTM have a new fleet of luxury Scania touring coaches, with aircon/ efficient heating, reclining seats, window curtains and air suspension, you will be pushed to find this level of comfort on a thirty year old Mercedes Grand taxi with a driver of dubious driving skills and limited sense of self-preservation on the risky mountain highways, CTM only employ the best bus drivers who never take risks, I've been travelling on CTM for many years with few complaints.

So, the decision is yours, comfortable modern coach verses old banger Mercedes taxi?

Benny.

los angeles
Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

Plus one for Kaptain's suggestion. We took his advise when we traveled through Morocco a couple weeks ago by taking the bus from Tangier to Chefchaouen and then from Chefchaouen to Fes a couple days later. From the look of the grand taxis, it was the right choice. Truth be told, even the non-CTM (Nejme Chamal) bus we took from Tangier to Chaouen was perfectly fine and looked more comfortable then the grand taxis. And, of course, its WAY cheaper.

Batavia, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

Thank you for the in depth response. We will be taking the bus instead of the banger.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

Hi there! I plan to take this bus in about 2 weeks. Having trouble booking tickets on the CTM website. Do you think it's safe to wait and buy tickets the day of or do they sell out in advance?

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

You can't buy CTM tickets outside Morocco, just buy them when you arrive in Chefchaouen for the onward journey to Fes, aim for the early departure at 1045, approximately. It's worth bearing in mind that none of these buses originate at Chefchaouen, they start at Tangier, so even if the agent at Chefchaouen tells you the bus is full, the chances are that most passengers will alight at Chefchaouen, this happened to me once travelling in the opposite direction, there appeared to be a glitch on the CTM computer system which showed all seats taken at Fes, but failed to take account that they would be vacated at Chefchaouen.

The buses are standard European 52 seater touring coaches and with four buses running on this route daily I doubt if you will be left stranded. Chefchaouen, and the Rif region generally, can be busy in the week running up to Easter Sunday ( this year 16th April) when many Spanish tourists 'invade' Chefchaouen to escape the religious dogma of Semana Santa ( the Saints' week) therefore public transport and hotels will be busier than usual so factor this into your travel plans and book everything as far as possible in advance when you arrive in Morocco.

Edited: 26 March 2017, 19:12
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

We are a senior couple and would be traveling from Fes to Chefchaouen. Spend two nights there and then to Asilah for night before going to Casablanca.

Need help: 1) Transportation form Fes to Chefchaouen - Bus or Grand Taxi ?

2) How to get a hotel after we arrive in Chef by Bus? Will the grand Taxi take us to the hotel?

3) Is Chefchaouen fairly flat or do we have to walk uphill most of the time?

4) Transportation from Chefchaouen to Asilah ? Bus or Grand Taxi ?

5) Any idea for a cost (6 seats) ? Is Grand taxi door to door or does it have a fixed route?

Zia Kondkar

Edited: 29 March 2017, 04:44
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

I read your suggested mode of transportation between Fes and Chefchaouen but when I looked on the schedule, nothing showed up? We are looking to leave Fes on 29 September.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

We read your suggested mode of transportation between Fes and Chefchaouen and took a look at the schedule but nothing came up? Looking at September 29. Could it be because we are currently outside of Morocco and tickets can only be purchased there?

Many thanks

Reply to: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chefchaouen