We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

Batavia, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

My husband and I will leave Chefchaouen on Thursday, October 20th and are looking for two more people to share the cost of a grand taxi to Fes. Please contact us if interested.

13 replies to this topic
North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

29th September is too far ahead for the CTM website to display timetables between Fes and Chefchaouen, I checked their listing for tomorrow and there are four buses leaving Fes, Place Atlas for Chefchaouen, 0800, 1100, 1615, and 2345, journey time four hours and fare 75 dirhams, with one cafe/rest stop at Jorf el Malha, about half way.

So, just try the website once again closer to your date of intended travel, with four departures daily you should have no problem finding seats at the point of departure in Fes.

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

A couple of years ago I made this journey on CTM from Fes to Chefchaouen. Place Atlas is a long way from the more interesting part of Fes, namely Fes el bali medina, so I walked the relatively short distance from my hotel close to the blue gate Bab Boujloud down to the main bus station (Gare Routiere) where CTM have a small office, mainly for parcel deliveries (Messagerie), entering the building by the front door and turning left I enquired if I could buy my ticket to Chefchaouen a day in advance of travel, it was confirmed by the clerk that this was no problem and that the bus would pick me up here, take me to the main depot at Place Atlas, and the journey to Chefchaouen would begin from there.

This seems to be an ongoing CTM practice where they still maintain offices in the Gare Routieres in order to maintain their presence in competition with independent bus operators, it was also the same routine I experienced the year previously in Marrakesh.

Depending on where you are staying in Fes you might find this solution more suitable, unless staying in the new city.

Some pictures here of the Gare Routiere for orientation......

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/132891907

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/132891903

Edited: 03 April 2017, 18:35
Jerusalem, Israel
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes

What is the best way to travel from Fes to Tangier? By bus or train?

Reply to: Share Grand Taxi from Chefchaouen to Fes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chefchaouen