We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ometepe to San Jorge and on to Managua airport

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Ometepe to San Jorge and on to Managua airport

I know I'm being ambitious with my plans here, but want I want to squeeze in 2 nights in Ometepe before I head back home.

Is it possible to catch a ferry from Ometepe at 6AM, make it to San Jorge by 7AM then make it to the airport by 10AM??? My flight departs at 1PM.

Also, would you advise I stay in Moyogalpa in order to catch an early ferry?

Thank You TA friends!

Mentioned in this post
Isla de Ometepe
Isla de Ometepe
Rivas Department, Nicaragua
Moyogalpa
Moyogalpa
Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua
Mexico D.F.
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ometepe to San Jorge and on to Managua airport

There is an express bus leaving the San Jorge dock at 7:30AM and arriving in Managua around 9, then a taxi to the airport should get you there by 10.

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/ni/index.php

Mentioned in this post
Managua
Managua
Managua Department, Nicaragua
Mexico D.F.
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ometepe to San Jorge and on to Managua airport

Also if you don't wish to get up so early for a boat ride, though the lake is beautiful at that time, consider staying the night in Rivas. I can strongly recommend Hospedaje Lidia. The phone no. is 2563-3477

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ometepe to San Jorge and on to Managua airport

We did the same trip last week nansa, you will have plenty off time, if your flight doesn't leave until 1:00pm.

Edited: 26 January 2015, 02:38
4. Re: Ometepe to San Jorge and on to Managua airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2016, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Ometepe